TC at Hampton

Cam615

11 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Been awhile since the ole MVP made an appearance on the boards. Read some here and there over this year but thought I'd chime in. 

This game will be a war at the line of scrimmage. The home squad has some monsters that will be hard to move and look like they will require some double team blocks. That opens the door for one on one match-ups between the ball carrier and LBs/DBs. Then when Hampton has the ball, its going to be tough to hold that line and keep the LBs clean and free to roam. Bottom line, and I believe Coach Satt said this years ago, this game comes down to blocking and tackling. The team that does that best goes for the Gold. 

Now for some none relevant memories of the '05 game. "Blue 3" was the call of the first play and I vividly remember seeing Dillehay look the Cover 3 safety off my way, then hit Harper (whose son will make his name known come Friday) in stride up the left hash mark. It was over from there. On 1 particular drive we ran 32 and 38 knock (off tackle with a kickout block by a FB or HB) probably 6, 7 maybe 8 times in a row. No Huddle calling the play out loud at the line. We changed the formation and mixed in some motion but it was the same play. After a couple of times the LBs started pointing out where we were running it. Boom there's 6 yards. Wam another 7. Bam ill take 8. Thank you mam for 9 more. Hard nosed stop it if you can football. That night we were playing for more than a opportunity to go to the ship but also for a classmate. Our starting Center, Harris, had torn his ACL the week before and we knew he could only play once more before surgery and we wanted that game to be for the Ball! Ill never forget assisting on the last tackle and rolling on top of McGowan as the final horn sounded and yelling "We Going to the Ship BABY!" Special group of guys for sure and I'm not afraid to say I love each one of them. But in all honesty though, We dont hold a candle stick to that '97 team, Wanna talk about some dudes! But that's a "debate" (not really) that's for another time and place.

For the kids involved Friday Night, Cherish the Moments! Enjoy your teammates. Be focused but take those mental pictures and stash them away. They will mean something in the future. Best of luck, safe travels to all and praying for no injuries for either team! Happy Thanksgiving!

Played against that 97 Trousdale Co team, down 21-8 at half, driving down the field after halftime past the 50. Our qb keeps it for about 10-15 yard gain, Scruggs hits him from behind and forces a fumble. Game over after that. 

I still think that was the 2nd best team in Tennessee high school football that year behind Riverdale. Man they were good, was able to get to know a few of them outside of football, even better people. 

Pulling for those Yellow Jackets Friday night. I have family playing on that team.

• Like 1

The world moves from Halloween straight to Christmas these days, forgetting this great day of giving thanks. Govt may have tried to "cancel Thanksgiving" but truly we are the only ones capable of doing that...So, stop, reflect, look around today and be thankful, for The Lord is Good! 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

The world moves from Halloween straight to Christmas these days, forgetting this great day of giving thanks. Govt may have tried to "cancel Thanksgiving" but truly we are the only ones capable of doing that...So, stop, reflect, look around today and be thankful, for The Lord is Good! 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

On 11/21/2021 at 4:26 PM, pujo said:

If you and Grunt and all the fine fellers I've met over the years makes it, give me a shout. Its a VERY few games I don't pull for you guys. You and Oneida are my 2 favorites from the East. Like them Peabody fellers from the West. Just hope we can give you a decent game.

I’ll not be able to make it, but for sure be listening on the ole radio.  Hope all is safe during travels & hope it’s an injury free slobber knocking game.   Go Jackets’ !