South Pittsburg Vs cloudland ( stone man and little grider man against this beanfield man)

Roy Dillard

30 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We're not even close to 01.  Mark byrd was a once in a generation type player and the linemen we had then would instill fear in the children we call linemen today 

Cloudland had a Mark Byrd type player but he ended up at Elizabethton. Corey Russell was a special player.

Edited by Appvol

52 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

In my opinion they faced 1 real good line in Hampton and they got handled.Coalfield was ok but not their best by any means.The other teams Cloudland faced including my boys were not good at all.I have watched a few of Cloudlands games and they are strong and do a good job but they havent faced nothing like SP,your speed and how your kids move are a problem for the Highlanders.I have a ton of respect for what that team has done but if Pitt can stand up and cut on that field it will be a 6 or 7 TD win.If the weather slows Pitt down I see a 28-7/35-7 type win.Cloudland is no where close to the GB/SP teams of the last 6 years.They do what they do but it no secret to their offense.They go right at you.

This is why I referenced earlier they remind me of Whitwell’s offensive linemen from their state year. Those big guys were not great at all, but they got in the way and let the studs do the work. That’s my only concern.

1 minute ago, powerp said:

This is why I referenced earlier they remind me of Whitwell’s offensive linemen from their state year. Those big guys were not great at all, but they got in the way and let the studs do the work. That’s my only concern.

Not the greatest oline to ever play here but coach Benfield has got more out of them than what was expected.  They play for each other more than any team I've seen up here and they are setting the bar for future cland teams.  We'll be back to subpar unless the weight room can transform these future players. 6th grade down to 2nd has some future stars but the 7th and 8th are hurting 

44 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We're not even close to 01.  Mark byrd was a once in a generation type player and the linemen we had then would instill fear in the children we call linemen today 

01 team very impressive. Even though I think SP has the athlete advantage I’m still nervous about this one. I’ve seen it with Union City and Wayne County. We have way more talent but they slowly and methodically beat us up. If it’s a 1 score game at half then it’s a toss up.

• Like 1

I have some awesome friends up on Heaton Creek Rd and others in RN Mtn.  I always enjoy my ride up there. Such a beautiful area.   Coalfield was a tall task and this will be just as tall, maybe a little taller.  I listened to the Highlanders coach at the beginning of this season, and I was impressed.  I remember saying to myself he’s gonna have them kids peaking at the right time.  Most of us know Cloudland is the underdog, but they’ve been plenty of underdogs move on to the next level. I’ll be pulling for you.  Lay it all on the line and leave no (if’s) or (buts) behind.  

Edited by Romansfive8
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The only scenarios that could cause that are the atmosphere itself.  South Pitt being so far from home on a rough field in a very uncomfortable place.  And if the Pirates let cland pick up first downs and the clock whittles away and not many points scored.  The way I see it, if you're a contender,  you'll find a way to overcome it

4 minutes ago, powerp said:

01 team very impressive. Even though I think SP has the athlete advantage I’m still nervous about this one. I’ve seen it with Union City and Wayne County. We have way more talent but they slowly and methodically beat us up. If it’s a 1 score game at half then it’s a toss up.

I made the same comment at work. On paper we should be fine. But those two games you mentioned are the reason I cannot get ahead of myself for this game.

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

The only scenarios that could cause that are the atmosphere itself.  South Pitt being so far from home on a rough field in a very uncomfortable place.  And if the Pirates let cland pick up first downs and the clock whittles away and not many points scored.  The way I see it, if you're a contender,  you'll find a way to overcome it

That’s pretty much what Oneida did to SG and Betsy to Greene.  It’s painful admitting it too!   If it happened twice, well there’s always that great possibility of it happening again.   Just sayin :popcorneater:

57 minutes ago, THE KING said:

55 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Mark byrd is a computer tech. He has a beautiful 5 year old daughter and my daughters are proud to call him uncle.  He's 35 years old and can still break ankles 

Mark Byrd… that’s it.. man that guy was good. Who was the lineman that had the leg issue? He had some type of defect but he was a tough one. Was your coach the running back on that team? Sounds familiar to me thinking back. 

2 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

That’s pretty much what Oneida did to SG and Betsy to Greene.  It’s painful admitting it too!   If it happened twice, well there’s always that great possibility of it happening again.   Just sayin :popcorneater:

Talent gap is way bigger here, romans.  This would be the biggest upset in a decade