Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Gonna be a tough match up, but HC proved a lot tonight. Page QB is a beast. If our D can rattle him, HC will go to Chatt. Huge 'IF'.

He is a great QB no doubt, I have been watching him all season on NHFS, the best way to beat him is get pressure on him, Wilson Central kept him in check 1 half just by doing that, you guys are much better than they are. At any rate it will still be a fun game to watch...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

He is a great QB no doubt, I have been watching him all season on NHFS, the best way to beat him is get pressure on him, Wilson Central kept him in check 1 half just by doing that, you guys are much better than they are. At any rate it will still be a fun game to watch...

Agreed. Cannot wait for this one. The semifinals are always the funnest round of the playoffs IMO. This game should be a prototypical example. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I don’t think Page has anything for Henry County. HC by two touchdowns or more. 

Don’t discount us. Our kids have motivation because we know we can be beat. However, we have a great group of kids and they play for each other.

There was talk last night at the game that the HC QB is actually a Westview kid and if not for Simpson, he may have been the best they have had. Is he that good?

18 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Don’t discount us. Our kids have motivation because we know we can be beat. However, we have a great group of kids and they play for each other.

There was talk last night at the game that the HC QB is actually a Westview kid and if not for Simpson, he may have been the best they have had. Is he that good?

Their QB is good, solid arm and decent speed. Their biggest strength is the size they have up front. I think Page has a good chance if you can give your QB time to throw, for he appears to be able to sling it. We had a very subpar passing game last night due to a lot of factors, one being the HC pass rush, but we have had other issues all year. Page can win if they can hold their own up front and contain the HC running game, and play mistake free. Just my two cents, but I’m sitting at home next Friday so what do I really know :roflol:

34 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Nobody should be discounting anybody at this point. You don't make it this far without being pretty dang good.

As for our QB, he transferred in from Martin before his freshman season. I don't know enough about Westview history to say he would've been their best, but he's definitely been one of ours. Owns pretty much every HC passing record if you include playoffs, and still has another year. 

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacer said:

Anybody know how much of our lines are underclassmen? I know a lot of our skill guys are but I'm curious about the trenches. 

As far as I know there is a LOT of underclassmen on the lines!! Somebody may can provide much more detail but I would say MAJORITY is coming back.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRed88 said:

As far as I know there is a LOT of underclassmen on the lines!! Somebody may can provide much more detail but I would say MAJORITY is coming back.

I've heard the same but I haven't looked at a roster since early in the season. Pretty much only know what the paper says and they don't mention linemen very much