Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I've heard the same but I haven't looked at a roster since early in the season. Pretty much only know what the paper says and they don't mention linemen very much

Yeah I know. I just looked at the roster and does anybody know who Titus Williams is?? They got him listed as a 6'7" freshman?? Is that true?

Edited by BigRed88

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

Yeah I know. I just looked at the roster and does anybody know who Titus Williams is?? They got him listed as a 6'7" freshman?? Is that true?

Yes, he’s a monster. I’m not 100% on the height but he’s very tall.  He could be a beast if he commits to the weights/conditioning. 

Edited by SEC1rules
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

Regardless Ryan Damron is one of, if not the best, QB Henry County has EVER had, and he's only a Junior!! His IQ is off the charts! Give that kid some time to throw and he WILL make you pay. I know how bad Ryan wants to make it to the title game! One step away kid! Go be GREAT!!!!

He’s decent

• Like 1

This is going to be a fun game. I’m really excited about it. Henry County is a great program with a history of great tradition. This is not new territory for them playing in the semi-finals. 

Page has a special group this year. The kids play with a lot of heart and togetherness. I felt they played with some nerves in the first two rounds due to the pressure of knowing what the expectations were heading into this season. This is a program that has historically always stumbled and struggled to get over the hump in the playoffs. Yesterday night showed me that now that they’ve gotten over that second round hump they are playing with a lot more confidence. They look like believe they can go all the way to Chattanooga now. They have what it takes, but this Friday night is going to be the biggest challenge they’ve faced yet. My biggest concern is Henry County’s size. Hopefully Page can utilize their speed to counter act that a little bit. Can’t wait for Friday night.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:13 PM, JacketLover said:

I don’t think Page has anything for Henry County. HC by two touchdowns or more. 

15 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Don’t discount us. Our kids have motivation because we know we can be beat. However, we have a great group of kids and they play for each other.

There was talk last night at the game that the HC QB is actually a Westview kid and if not for Simpson, he may have been the best they have had. Is he that good?

I am inclined to agree with Jacket. HC peaking at the right time.

Yes the HC QB is a WV kid who went to HC because there was zero chance he could  beat out Simpson. Been a lot of great players come through WV over the years. He would have been one of them.

9 hours ago, mmb said:

He’s decent

exactly.  He doesn't carry a football team like the Simpson kid in Martin  but with the right kids around him  and the right system he can eat your lunch. Smart and  accurate decent speed. He got rattled quite a bit early in the season when the pocket wasn't so clean but then again so does Tom Brady/Manning/ most QBs. 

Edited by Beagle

By no means do I think we can win this semifinal game easily or anything, but this to my other Henry County fans. I was sitting here thinking, Knox West and Powell are on the east side left. How fitting if we was to make it to the championship game? If we was lucky enough for that to happen, how cool would it be that the 10 year anniversary of our first state championship it could be a rematch of Powell/Henry County? Again, just sitting here thinking of scenerios.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1