Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

exactly.  He doesn't carry a football team like the Simpson kid in Martin  but with the right kids around him  and the right system he can eat your lunch. Smart and  accurate decent speed. He got rattled quite a bit early in the season when the pocket wasn't so clean but then again so does Tom Brady/Manning/ most QBs. 

:lol: He doesn’t carry a football team statistically because he doesn’t have to. That’s not how HC plays offense. They carry each other night in/night out. I can promise you, you’ve never seen that kid rattled. I guess you could look at the stats early on and say that, but if you knew a little more about it, you’d know that sometimes the stats don’t tell the whole truth. I’d expound, but I don’t want to hurt any feelings here. I’d bet my paycheck, if he played in Page’s system, his stats would be as good or better than their starter’s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beagle said:

I am inclined to agree with Jacket. HC peaking at the right time.

Yes the HC QB is a WV kid who went to HC because there was zero chance he could  beat out Simpson. Been a lot of great players come through WV over the years. He would have been one of them.

He’s not a Westview kid. He’s originally from Martin, but he never went to HS at Westview. He’s lived in Paris since the summer before his freshman year.

1 hour ago, mmb said:

He’s not a Westview kid. He’s originally from Martin, but he never went to HS at Westview. He’s lived in Paris since the summer before his freshman year.

Born and raised in  Martin played youth football and Junior High there. Moved to Paris because he had zero chance to start at  WV because of Simpson.   He is a Martin kid.  Nothing wrong with what he/his family did, He broke no rules. . If my kid was that talented and was gonna sit for 3 years I would have moved my kid too. Moving  up in classification to HC was a good move also.

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mmb said:

:lol: He doesn’t carry a football team statistically because he doesn’t have to. That’s not how HC plays offense. They carry each other night in/night out. I can promise you, you’ve never seen that kid rattled. I guess you could look at the stats early on and say that, but if you knew a little more about it, you’d know that sometimes the stats don’t tell the whole truth. I’d expound, but I don’t want to hurt any feelings here. I’d bet my paycheck, if he played in Page’s system, his stats would be as good or better than their starter’s.

You are obviously his dad or a huge fan boy.. all QBs get rattled at some points  ALL of them. He is a good QB. I don't judge by stats. I seen his early season film . He played like crap and was rattled quit a bit . The only feelings hurt here are yours

17 minutes ago, Beagle said:

You are obviously his dad or a huge fan boy.. all QBs get rattled at some points  ALL of them. He is a good QB. I don't judge by stats. I seen his early season film . He played like crap and was rattled quit a bit . The only feelings hurt here are yours

Not saying they don’t, but you watching some early season film on Hudl doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about. Any idea how many of those rattled throws were on 3rd and long early in the season? Doesn’t show that on film. No win situations. But that’s fixed now. No one’s feelings are hurt, I just think grown adults talking crap about kids, behind an anonymous username, is cowardly. 

And, he wasn’t born in Martin. He also didn’t move there until he was 5. Like I said, you only have a small amount of information, and not all of it is accurate.

1 hour ago, mmb said:

Not saying they don’t, but you watching some early season film on Hudl doesn’t mean you know what you’re talking about. Any idea how many of those rattled throws were on 3rd and long early in the season? Doesn’t show that on film. No win situations. But that’s fixed now. No one’s feelings are hurt, I just think grown adults talking crap about kids, behind an anonymous username, is cowardly. 

And, he wasn’t born in Martin. He also didn’t move there until he was 5. Like I said, you only have a small amount of information, and not all of it is accurate.

Ryan is in a run heavy offense also AND STILL holds passing records at Henry County as a Junior. If he was in a pass heavy offense he would have MONSTER numbers (300-400 pass yards per game) I would bet everything I have on that! With good protection and solid receivers he can eat up ANY defense! Check the "stats" in the semifinal game last year and see how many yards Ryan had against Summit, who eventually won the 5A State Championship. He ate them alive in that game. 

3 hours ago, mmb said:

You did say he don't get rattled. Which is why I called you his dad or a fan boy. now you say you didn't say it?  I am not Talking crap about him  or any kids at all quit being a child.  He is a good qb who changed his address to go someplace he had a chance to start.. nothing non factual about it.

Lastly if you can't tell down and distance watching game film  on hudl then you obviously are an idiot.. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

You did say he don't get rattled. Which is why I called you his dad or a fan boy. now you say you didn't say it?  I am not Talking crap about him  or any kids at all quit being a child.  He is a good qb who changed his address to go someplace he had a chance to start.. nothing non factual about it.

Lastly if you can't tell down and distance watching game film  on hudl then you obviously are an idiot.. lol

Man probably best to just leave it alone....

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

I said you’ve never seen him rattled. And you haven’t. You have no idea why his address was changed. It was much more than just football. But like I said, again, you only have a small bit of information about anything you’ve commented on. 

And, if you were paying such close attention to both him and down/distance, then you’d see that 90% of his attempts were on 3rd or 4th down in games 1-7. That may be a little advanced for you, but that’s what we call a no win situation in football. You took the bait on the decent comment, so you were looking for an in and you found it. Now go find another thread to be a hater on. Fan boy out :ph34r:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mmb said:

I said you’ve never seen him rattled. And you haven’t. You have no idea why his address was changed. It was much more than just football. But like I said, again, you only have a small bit of information about anything you’ve commented on. 

And, if you were paying such close attention to both him and down/distance, then you’d see that 90% of his attempts were on 3rd or 4th down in games 1-7. That may be a little advanced for you, but that’s what we call a no win situation in football. You took the bait on the decent comment, so you were looking for an in and you found it. Now go find another thread to be a hater on. Fan boy out :ph34r:

You are clearly just a fan boy:rolleyes: :lol:

fanboy-freakout.gif