Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

16 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I don’t know. McNairl had a freaking cannon. He wasn’t as accurate as Damron though EXCEPT on the run. McNairl could roll to either his left or right and and fling a dime 40+ yards. Think the Kenwood QB with a better team around him. 

I would say Teague was the best athlete we’ve ever had at QB, Damron is the best pure passer. McNairl though was probably the best dual threat. IMO of course. 

Yes sir I can respect all that. There isn't any wrong answers really. All those QB's left their mark on Henry County Football and we will all be grateful for each and every one of their contributions to HC Football! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRed88 said:

Yes sir I can respect all that. There isn't any wrong answers really. All those QB's left their mark on Henry County Football and we will all be grateful for each and every one of their contributions to HC Football! 

Agreed. Also gotta throw some love to my guy Colton Randolph. He never gets brought up in these discussions as a 1-year starter, but he absolutely balled out in 2013. Even got the ring to prove it! 

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Agreed. Also gotta throw some love to my guy Colton Randolph. He never gets brought up in these discussions as a 1-year starter, but he absolutely balled out in 2013. Even got the ring to prove it! 

Yeah for sure. He led the team to a perfect 15-0 record!! He did everything he needed to do to help the team be successful! 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

There may have been better "running" QB's at Henry County but if we are talking just as an overall QB. I will take Ryan over any of the others. That's some high praise being that we have had Marsalis Teague, Will Parrish, Calvin McNairl, Najee Ray just to name a few. Most of those guys can out run Damron yes, but idk if any can out throw. Will Parrish would be the only one in my opinion that can be mentioned with him as far as arm talent goes. 

Speaking as someone with skin on the team, Damron's passing accuracy this season has been spotty at times. And how could you leave Colton Randolph off your list  

2 hours ago, bottomwriter said:

Speaking as someone with skin on the team, Damron's passing accuracy this season has been spotty at times. And how could you leave Colton Randolph off your list  

I know!! Colton deserves to be there as much as anybody! He's only one of two QB'S to get a ring plus a perfect season! 

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

Change of subject. We got a game to be played this Friday. I haven't seen much of anything on Page yet. I know they are a dang good football team and we will have to find a way to beat them in their own house. Tough challenge for Henry County but one I think they can accomplish.

I can’t imagine a more smothering Defense than Springfield had. I’m like you though haven’t heard much on page. 

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

I'm calling it. Henry Co. vs. Powell, 10 yr. reunion. 

As for this week. Another shutout. HC 28 Page 0

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on the Henry Co. vs. Powell rematch and 10 year reunion. This is one heck of a run HC is on and it lands them to Chattanooga. Roll Red Roll!!!!!

Henry Co- 24

Page- 7