Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

I agree with mmb, Page will score some.

This is how I see it.
I feel Page offense will be much better than Springfields, however Page defense is not nearly as good as Springfield. (looking at highlights on Page and seeing Springfield twice)
I see a higher scoring game.
If Page can't stop the run game, HC will be content running,,,,alot and play ball control.
If Page makes some stops, HC will balance things out in the air and it could become a track meet.
In playoffs, special teams are magnified. HC has been very solid lately in special teams and has taken care of the ball. 

Looking forward to this game.
GO BIG RED

• Like 1

I'm sure this will annoy my fellow Henry County faithful, but I still believe Page is the favorite here. I've been saying for weeks (around the time we were 3-5 and Springfield dropped their game to Beech) that whoever comes out of that bracket will have the upper hand over whoever comes out of this one. 

If I am wrong, it will be some of the sweetest crow I've ever eaten. 

12 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I'm sure this will annoy my fellow Henry County faithful, but I still believe Page is the favorite here. I've been saying for weeks (around the time we were 3-5 and Springfield dropped their game to Beech) that whoever comes out of that bracket will have the upper hand over whoever comes out of this one. 

If I am wrong, it will be some of the sweetest crow I've ever eaten. 

Man this Henry County team is sitting pretty if you ask me. Nobody (including me) thought after we was 3-5 that we would even be close to the semifinals, but yet here we are. They have surpassed expectations after the rough start. Yes, we all want to go to play for a State Championship and still very well may, but we have nothing to lose now. We go to Page and lay it ALL on the line and play our #### off and I believe everyone at Henry County can live with the results!!! Proud of our Henry County team!!!!

Edited by BigRed88
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRed88 said:

Man this Henry County team is sitting pretty if you ask me. Nobody (including me) thought after we was 3-5 that would would even be close to the semifinals, but yet here we are. They have surpassed expectations after the rough start. Yes, we all want to go to play for a State Championship and still very well may, but we have nothing to lose now. We go to Page and lay it ALL on the line and play our #### off and I believe everyone at Henry County can live with the results!!! Proud of our Henry County team!!!!

Gonna be a heck of a game regardless!! 

• Like 1

Just now, MSURacer said:

Gonna be a heck of a game regardless!! 

We wasnt the favorite against Springfield last week I didn't think but we see how that turned out. Page is a different animal. We will have to bring our best game and then some. I think Counce has them playing the best we can possibly play right now!!

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RedPride91 said:

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on the Henry Co. vs. Powell rematch and 10 year reunion. This is one heck of a run HC is on and it lands them to Chattanooga. Roll Red Roll!!!!!

Henry Co- 24

Page- 7

My son and I were at that game as Powell fans (he had played for Powell in the early 2000's). Great ballgame, went down to the last play. Afterwards we had dinner at Cheddar's with several HC fans that were there and had some great conversations. Good folks! Good luck Friday night, I think you win but you have to contain McNamara to do so.

I think HC has to slow this down and just play smash mouth football and control the game. Page likes to throw and that has given HC trouble. If this thing is high scoring i like Page's chances. If HC can run it down there throat and run that clock and get pressure on the qb,  I think HC can win by a few scores. 

7 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

I think HC has to slow this down and just play smash mouth football and control the game. Page likes to throw and that has given HC trouble. If this thing is high scoring i like Page's chances. If HC can run it down there throat and run that clock and get pressure on the qb,  I think HC can win by a few scores. 

I was kinda surprised we had as many rushing yards as we did against that tough Springfield defense. No disrespect to Page but I can't see them being any stouter on defense. If we can run the ball like we usually do, I definitely like our chances. Containing McNamara is a MUST!!!!

16 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

I was kinda surprised we had as many rushing yards as we did against that tough Springfield defense. No disrespect to Page but I can't see them being any stouter on defense. If we can run the ball like we usually do, I definitely like our chances. Containing McNamara is a MUST!!!!

BigRed, the size of your O-line is going to cause problems for most teams and for that reason I think you will be able to run it on Page. But can you outscore Page? McNamara is as good as I've seen this year, smart, doesn't make bad decisions.

13 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

BigRed, the size of your O-line is going to cause problems for most teams and for that reason I think you will be able to run it on Page. But can you outscore Page? McNamara is as good as I've seen this year, smart, doesn't make bad decisions.

Should definitely be an interesting matchup!!