Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

2 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

What happened?

Commish, your heart is in the right place. But here are couple of facts why you won’t get a response.

1. HC fanbase is the most arrogant on the T. They love to talk it but are never there to answer the bell when things go south, like you all did last weekend. They don’t have as much class as the Springfield faithful.

2. HC has been absolutely abused by Williamson county, this was their best chance and they choked it away.

3. This is why HC is a joke to middle TN.

Edited by Facts4You
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Facts4You said:

Commish, your heart is in the right place. But here are couple of facts why you won’t get a response.

1. HC fanbase is the most arrogant on the T. They love to talk it but are never there to answer the bell when things go south, like you all did last weekend. They don’t have as much class as the Springfield faithful.

2. HC has been absolutely abused by Williamson county, this was their best chance and they choked it away.

Thanks @Facts4You this sounds like a colossal collapse. @JacketLover watched the replay and updated me.  

I will say it was one heck of a weekend for the McNamara Brothers.  First Page wins then Michigan beats OSU today  

On 11/27/2021 at 2:47 PM, Facts4You said:

3. This is why HC is a joke to middle TN.

1. I have sensed that a couple of Henry County posters have absolutely nothing else positive going on in their lives besides HC football. It explains a great deal of why they act the way they do on here.

2. Page needed a 35-point 4th quarter, a literal miracle, to beat an 8-5 Henry County team.  

3. See #2

All that aside, best of luck to Page next week. I think it's Powell's year, but McNamara might just have something for them. We will see... As for Henry County. Don't sweat it. I don't blame other fans for circling the carcass. Pickens are ripe right now. But they will lick their wounds and probably be back with a much stronger team next season. 

14 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Page needed a 35-point 4th quarter, a literal miracle, to beat an 8-5 Henry County team.  

I just want you to know that I mean no disrespect when I say this.  Henry County has a great program.  

Henry County's losses this year were to:  Summit, Beech, Brentwood, Paducah-Tilghman (KY), and Springfield (later avenged).  

I don't care what year it is.  Even the 2013 Henry County team, probably your best ever, that was 15-0 and won 5A would have struggled to make it through that gauntlet unbeaten.  

Northwest, Kenwood, West Creek, Rossview, etc.  I mean no disrespect to any of them.  Playing Summit and Brentwood is not the same thing and it showed in your overall record.  It's not like you "always beat those teams" and that the losses you suffered this season made you "a down" year's program.  

5 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

You talking about me? If so just say it. A guy can't be passionate about Henry County Football? Even through the ups and downs? It's like people can't criticize anything during down times and can't praise the team when they do good? 

Actually no I wasn’t, but if the shoe fits, lace it up I guess. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I just want you to know that I mean no disrespect when I say this.  Henry County has a great program.  

Henry County's losses this year were to:  Summit, Beech, Brentwood, Paducah-Tilghman (KY), and Springfield (later avenged).  

I don't care what year it is.  Even the 2013 Henry County team, probably your best ever, that was 15-0 and won 5A would have struggled to make it through that gauntlet unbeaten.  

Northwest, Kenwood, West Creek, Rossview, etc.  I mean no disrespect to any of them.  Playing Summit and Brentwood is not the same thing and it showed in your overall record.  It's not like you "always beat those teams" and that the losses you suffered this season made you "a down" year's program.  

Okay? Changes nothing about anything I said. 

21 hours ago, MSURacer said:

1. I have sensed that a couple of Henry County posters have absolutely nothing else positive going on in their lives besides HC football. It explains a great deal of why they act the way they do on here.

2. Page needed a 35-point 4th quarter, a literal miracle, to beat an 8-5 Henry County team.  

3. See #2

All that aside, best of luck to Page next week. I think it's Powell's year, but McNamara might just have something for them. We will see... As for Henry County. Don't sweat it. I don't blame other fans for circling the carcass. Pickens are ripe right now. But they will lick their wounds and probably be back with a much stronger team next season. 

You know, there are definitely some good HC posters. Your one of them. While the fanbase is taken as a joke. It’s team is not. HC has a deep tradition. I mean heck one thing I’ve never seen HC posters talk about is the amount of alumni who coach across the state (HC at riverdale and centennial, DC at green hill) or people who’ve passed through the program and once coached at HC (Creasy at Oakland) and I’m sure there’s plenty more in both categories that I have no idea of. HC has a lot to beat it’s chest about and has a huge impact across the state. So don’t take anything I said as derogatory about your program. 

41 minutes ago, Facts4You said:

You know, there are definitely some good HC posters. Your one of them. While the fanbase is taken as a joke. It’s team is not. HC has a deep tradition. I mean heck one thing I’ve never seen HC posters talk about is the amount of alumni who coach across the state (HC at riverdale and centennial, DC at green hill) or people who’ve passed through the program and once coached at HC (Creasy at Oakland) and I’m sure there’s plenty more in both categories that I have no idea of. HC has a lot to beat it’s chest about and has a huge impact across the state. So don’t take anything I said as derogatory about your program. 

Some of the fanbase on CoachT might be taken as a joke, the fanbase as whole is not and is one of the best in the state. Good luck to you and whichever team you root for moving forward.