Semifinals: Henry County @ Page

BigRed88

3 hours ago, Facts4You said:

You know, there are definitely some good HC posters. Your one of them. While the fanbase is taken as a joke. It’s team is not. HC has a deep tradition. I mean heck one thing I’ve never seen HC posters talk about is the amount of alumni who coach across the state (HC at riverdale and centennial, DC at green hill) or people who’ve passed through the program and once coached at HC (Creasy at Oakland) and I’m sure there’s plenty more in both categories that I have no idea of. HC has a lot to beat it’s chest about and has a huge impact across the state. So don’t take anything I said as derogatory about your program. 

Best post I have seen in quite some time….speaks volumes about our program….thanks Facts & GO BIG RED!!!

I just wanted to pop back by real quick. It took awhile to come back down from that game and the experience of watching it. I’ve seen a lot of Page games in my day, but never a game as wild and entertaining as that one. 

Hats off to Henry County. They played an unbelievable football game and I have so much respect for everyone in that program. The fans traveled in big numbers and appear to be very supportive. That’s what high school football is all about. I love to see that the coaching staff is made up of several alumni. I love seeing guys working and living where they grew up. It’s always a special thing. Good luck and I’m sure these teams will meet up again down the road.

Now, congrats to the Page Patriots. I am so proud of that team. The kids never gave up and kept fighting to the bitter end. Jake McNamara’s performance in that game will go down in the history books at Page. So happy for Coach Rathbone, the rest of the staff, and everyone else involved. This is so cool getting to see Page go to the state championship for the first time. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:10 PM, Facts4You said:

You know, there are definitely some good HC posters. Your one of them. While the fanbase is taken as a joke. It’s team is not. HC has a deep tradition. I mean heck one thing I’ve never seen HC posters talk about is the amount of alumni who coach across the state (HC at riverdale and centennial, DC at green hill) or people who’ve passed through the program and once coached at HC (Creasy at Oakland) and I’m sure there’s plenty more in both categories that I have no idea of. HC has a lot to beat it’s chest about and has a huge impact across the state. So don’t take anything I said as derogatory about your program. 

Donnie Webb- Former Henry County player, coach and head coach. Just resigned as head coach at Franklin County.

Jeff Morris- former HC coach was Milan head coach.

Don Coady- former HC coach was Westview head coach.

Chuck Adams- former coach was Camden head coach.

Rick Kriesky- former coach was Camden head coach I think as well.

Bert Snow- Former Henry County player and offensive coordinator during the two championships. Current head coach at Bruceton.

On 11/29/2021 at 5:10 PM, Facts4You said:

I appreciate the kind words, Facts. I actually got bolted for a few days. Think I typed one too many "filtered" words, sorry about that @CoachT. Sometimes it's easy to forget this is a high school sports site. 

That said, you're dead on about Henry County's footprint around the state. It's something we definitely should take more pride in.