Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

53 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

While I don't agree with the lax rules that allow for donors and recruiters to bring in players  through the back door and "transferring " , open zoning is really no better. Either way as a coach you have to find a way to compete against it, or attract kids to your school with style of play, uni's facilities and opportunity to play and be promoted to that next level, or as a player accept you are going to be lining up against the best players in the area/state and if you want to have a shot to play on Saturdays, you gotta put in the work and standout in your performances.  In short you gotta find a way to beat them or join them ....

Do you guys STILL not get it? There is no 'open zoning' in Blount County. Unlike Rutherford County, there are THREE SEPARATE school systems in Blount County - Maryville City, Alcoa City, Blount County.

For ANY non-resident of the City of Maryville to attend it's public schools, one must pay a substantial tuition (+$2K). That pretty much eliminates most venue shopping athletes unlike the 'magnet' school that Oakland operates.

Edited by EarlVolFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EarlVolFan said:

Do you guys STILL not get it? There is no 'open zoning' in Blount County. Unlike Rutherford County, there are THREE SEPARATE school systems in Blount County - Maryville City, Alcoa City, Blount County.

For ANY non-resident of the City of Maryville to attend it's public schools, one must pay a substantial tuition (+$2K). That pretty much eliminates most venue shopping athletes unlike the 'magnet' school that Oakland operates.

So okelund can take kids from all over Murfreesboro without them paying tuition? How do they avoid having 5k students? Do they pick and choose who comes in?

1 hour ago, Blaze45 said:

While I don't agree with the lax rules that allow for donors and recruiters to bring in players  through the back door and "transferring " , open zoning is really no better. Either way as a coach you have to find a way to compete against it, or attract kids to your school with style of play, uni's facilities and opportunity to play and be promoted to that next level, or as a player accept you are going to be lining up against the best players in the area/state and if you want to have a shot to play on Saturdays, you gotta put in the work and standout in your performances.  In short you gotta find a way to beat them or join them ....

Me and someone were talking about that last night and of all the starters only one is open zone on Maryville's 22 starters. The rest are all home grown. Parents paying $2,400 tuition to escape Shad or Heritage. Alcoa benefits from open zoning because tuition is a third of Maryville's. My issue with Oakland is that not only do they restock but they do it with D1 recruits. 

12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Me and someone were talking about that last night and of all the starters only one is open zone on Maryville's 22 starters. The rest are all home grown. Parents paying $2,400 tuition to escape Shad or Heritage. Alcoa benefits from open zoning because tuition is a third of Maryville's. My issue with Oakland is that not only do they restock but they do it with D1 recruits. 

Curious, is that number is looking at players that will likely be starters in the next 2 years from now? I don't mean my statement as a slam against either school.  Most schools, unless they have to have you want to develop you and get you used to the system and how the program works.  Heck we had a qb that transferred in and has a heck of an arm is is getting d-1 offers.  I would not be surprised to see a few wide outs or even a running back or two do the same thing this year for us . End of the day I believe someone already stated "Top tier talent be it Blount county, Rutherford county or elsewhere is going to go to programs that are elite (Maryville, Alcoa, Oakland CPA) Kids want to win. To top that off, parents do too, and realize that some schools give their kids better chances to be successful than others.  I have heard some posters say that elite talent will get looks no matter where they play. I just don't agree with that.  You may be the greatest running back in the state, but if you go to a school that throws it 80% of the time it is going to be very difficult to stand out. The same thing goes for a wide out or QB  if you hand it of 90% of the time.  

• Upvote 1

As a Maryville fan having to listen to people WHINE about Maryville having some kind of advantage here on CoachT for over 20 years , it's amazing to me that any Maryville fan will now get on here and whine about some other team's advantages ... how about us Maryville fans acting like we've been here before and quit whining about Refs and other team's advantages !! Maryville's great tradition isn't just about winning , it's about Winning and Losing with CLASS ... Maryville means too much to me to just sit quietly by and let Maryville's reputation go to crap on here because a few people want to act like all the Whiners we've had to deal with these past 20 years . I know this will piss some people off and I really don't give a Dam . How bout no more whining and no more excuses for the rest of the week ??!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, EarlVolFan said:

We can't take in ANY new tuition students now. 

15 minutes ago, pepvol said:

As a Maryville fan having to listen to people WHINE about Maryville having some kind of advantage here on CoachT for over 20 years , it's amazing to me that any Maryville fan will now get on here and whine about some other team's advantages ... how about us Maryville fans acting like we've been here before and quit whining about Refs and other team's advantages !! Maryville's great tradition isn't just about winning , it's about Winning and Losing with CLASS ... Maryville means too much to me to just sit quietly by and let Maryville's reputation go to crap on here because a few people want to act like all the Whiners we've had to deal with these past 20 years . I know this will piss some people off and I really don't give a Dam . How bout no more whining and no more excuses for the rest of the week ??!!

Always classy ....always shooting straight.... even if you are a no good  danged ole Rebel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Working on your excuses already eh?

Excuses are one thing, facts are another. It's not like anyone can change who plays for who come Friday, but you and I both know especially with the James kid there should have been something more substantial levied against you guys when your AD openly tweeted him to come to Oakland. In the old days when the TSSAA had balls, there would have been some forfeitures or sanctions more than just losing a few scrimmage dates for that one.

10 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

JS no one is going to believe that, so you are just wasting your time typing it out. 

I know. Believe me, if we could take any more in we would have a roster so stacked it wouldn't be funny. Just this wrestling season alone I've talked to 5 families who moved in from CA or GA and wanted to come to Maryville but couldn't because there's no real estate inventory in the MCS district. I lost 2 of my best MS wrestlers who will be in HS soon to Seymour because they couldn't find affordable housing in Maryville city after looking/renting for an entire year. Oakland doesn't have that problem...

Edited by JSamson7

10 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I know. Believe me, if we could take any more in we would have a roster so stacked it wouldn't be funny. Just this wrestling season alone I've talked to 5 families who moved in from CA or GA and wanted to come to Maryville but couldn't because there's no real estate inventory in the MCS district. I lost 2 of my best MS wrestlers who will be in HS soon to Seymour because they couldn't find affordable housing Maryville city after looking/renting for an entire year.

Ironically Murfreesboro is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. That said house prices have gone through the roof and you cant find anything hardly. I don't mean reasonable... I mean there is no real inventory zoned for  certain schools. So it's not just a Maryville problem. You can get houses on the edge here which has you going to Rockvale, Eagleville, Stewarts creek ...So we see the same challenges. To top it off there is a moratorium on appt building permits as none will be offered for next few years , as the infrastructure will not support more residents adequately in these areas.