Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

18 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Ironically Murfreesboro is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. That said house prices have gone through the roof and you cant find anything hardly. I don't mean reasonable... I mean there is no real inventory zoned for  certain schools. So it's not just a Maryville problem. You can get houses on the edge here which has you going to Rockvale, Eagleville, Stewarts creek ...So we see the same challenges. To top it off there is a moratorium on appt building permits as none will be offered for next few years , as the infrastructure will not support more residents adequately in these areas. 

Rutherford County is the 11th fastest growing County in the nation, not just the state.

That's great for property values and football teams. Not so great for traffic.

Edited by patsprez

19 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Ironically Murfreesboro is one of the fastest growing counties in the state. That said house prices have gone through the roof and you cant find anything hardly. I don't mean reasonable... I mean there is no real inventory zoned for  certain schools. So it's not just a Maryville problem. You can get houses on the edge here which has you going to Rockvale, Eagleville, Stewarts creek ...So we see the same challenges. To top it off there is a moratorium on appt building permits as none will be offered for next few years , as the infrastructure will not support more residents adequately in these areas. 

Our town is growing so fast but unaffordable housing is turning this place into a California. For some reason the growth hasn't  brought the same number of football players with it or that I know of. 

Oakland is the champions until somebody dethrones them.  

But that said, having been around the Maryville program for the time that I was, I will never count out Derek Hunt, that staff, and that football team.  The road still goes through Maryville.

I anticipate a whale of a football game on Friday night.  

I got an idea , I think I'll talk about the game  ... I think Maryville overall is better than last year . Our QB Carson Jones is really amazing and probably a little under used because of other weapons we have such as Noah Vaughn , DJ Burks and Fortenberry ... Noah completely transformed himself since last year , he's nearly unrecognizable with all the Muscle and speed that he added on . I really thought we'd be hurting without Parker Mcgill but Noah has really stepped in and then some . Our Line has played very well this year and just overall the level of the entire Offense has been raised . On Defense we have played some outstanding defense this year . Like any defense we have our Strengths and weaknesses , but overall it seems like we have a little more Quickness this year . DJ Burks has been outstanding of course as expected and we have several guys that play with a lot of intensity . I think for Maryville to have a Chance against an Oakland team that returned the majority of an already unbelievably talented team from last year , our Defense is going to have to play with an intensity we haven't seen all year . We can play our assignments perfectly and still not stop their Stud RB James if we don't arrive with a fire and intensity that will bring him down . 

I expect a close , hard fought game and I know both teams will play their Hearts out . How do you Oakland fans think your team compares to last year ? Has the QB lived up to your QB from last year ? 

Edited by pepvol
forgot to write something i meant to
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Oakland is only a larger version of an Alcoa. That's all.

I would have figured if any fanbase in 6A understood the bs Oakland would have to put up with, it'd be Maryville. I think I see what BC was talking about now

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

As a Maryville fan having to listen to people WHINE about Maryville having some kind of advantage here on CoachT for over 20 years , it's amazing to me that any Maryville fan will now get on here and whine about some other team's advantages ... how about us Maryville fans acting like we've been here before and quit whining about Refs and other team's advantages !! Maryville's great tradition isn't just about winning , it's about Winning and Losing with CLASS ... Maryville means too much to me to just sit quietly by and let Maryville's reputation go to crap on here because a few people want to act like all the Whiners we've had to deal with these past 20 years . I know this will piss some people off and I really don't give a Dam . How bout no more whining and no more excuses for the rest of the week ??!!

Thank you. Nothing but respect for Maryville. Why some choose to make the same tired accusations that theyve had to deal with themselves is beyond me.

1 hour ago, JSamson7 said:

Excuses are one thing, facts are another. It's not like anyone can change who plays for who come Friday, but you and I both know especially with the James kid there should have been something more substantial levied against you guys when your AD openly tweeted him to come to Oakland. In the old days when the TSSAA had balls, there would have been some forfeitures or sanctions more than just losing a few scrimmage dates for that one.

It was a slap on the wrist bc this social media violation they came up with was bs. AD is a glorified position in this area and the family had no contact with Oakland prior to his enrollment. The success recruits itself

40 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I got an idea , I think I'll talk about the game  ... I think Maryville overall is better than last year . Our QB Carson Jones is really amazing and probably a little under used because of other weapons we have such as Noah Vaughn , DJ Burks and Fortenberry ... Noah completely transformed himself since last year , he's nearly unrecognizable with all the Muscle and speed that he added on . I really thought we'd be hurting without Parker Mcgill but Noah has really stepped in and then some . Our Line has played very well this year and just overall the level of the entire Offense has been raised . On Defense we have played some outstanding defense this year . Like any defense we have our Strengths and weaknesses , but overall it seems like we have a little more Quickness this year . DJ Burks has been outstanding of course as expected and we have several guys that play with a lot of intensity . I think for Maryville to have a Chance against an Oakland team that returned the majority of an already unbelievably talented team from last year , our Defense is going to have to play with an intensity we haven't seen all year . We can play our assignments perfectly and still not stop their Stud RB James if we don't arrive with a fire and intensity that will bring him down . 

I expect a close , hard fought game and I know both teams will play their Hearts out . How do you Oakland fans think your team compares to last year ? Has the QB lived up to your QB from last year ? 

I am "NOT" an Oakland but I have watched enough of their ball games this year against quality opponents to say with some certainty that  they are far better this year than they were last. They returned so many of their weapons on offense and several on the defensive side of the ball. They are faster in the secondary defensively and while smaller upfront than years past they will get after you . They don't man-handle may people but they are quick and mange to get off blocks very well. They have done  great job containing the QB n most games  Looking at CPA. Lipscomb and Lebanon who all have d-1 commits playing that position. They showed great poise and discipline and did a great job of defense against them.  They can keep up with most speed guys in the wide out spot from a speed perspective. Unlike defenses I have seen from them before, you can run the ball on them and just about have to if your pass game is going to have any success. Their kicking game is strong as always and they do not have the discipline issues with letting talk or chippieness bait them into a bunch of penalties.  This will be a good game, as I watched the Powell game and the Faragut  game . The interesting aspect will be what Maryville dials up defensively against James, that also allows them to stay home on Patterson and Huett, and gives them good protection on Horton all at the same time. Not many folks can match athlete for athlete. 

47 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Alot to like about Vaughn. His running style makes you think he's bigger than what he actually is. Yo move the ball on Oakland on the ground, you need a back like Vaughn that is very decisive and doesn't try to bounce it outside every time.

As for Oakland, everybody wants to focus on Horton and Jordan James, but Antonio Patterson and Khalil James (no relation) are just as capable. Oakland likes to use Patterson as a receiver when lined up in the backfield.

Going into the season, I liked our chances if we got good QB play and we def have with Hewitt. He's developed good chemistry with Horton and doesn't try to force something that's not there (most of the time), he's also a converted TE so trying to tackle isn't easy.

Defensively, there are times you can throw on Oakland a little bit, but they do a good job getting pressure so that window is pretty small alot of times. This defense has got depth; was missing 5-6 starters against Shelbyville and had a great game

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I would have figured if any fanbase in 6A understood the bs Oakland would have to put up with, it'd be Maryville. I think I see what BC was talking about now

Thank you. Nothing but respect for Maryville. Why some choose to make the same tired accusations that theyve had to deal with themselves is beyond me.

It was a slap on the wrist bc this social media violation they came up with was bs. AD is a glorified position in this area and the family had no contact with Oakland prior to his enrollment. The success recruits itself

Trust me we do understand what you deal with. I have enjoyed the rivalry with Oakland. The games have been tight most of the time but some have been bruising to say the least. Nothing but respect for OHS here. They have always been a class act when we have visited there.  Here's to a great game between the kings of TN high school football. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

As a Maryville fan having to listen to people WHINE about Maryville having some kind of advantage here on CoachT for over 20 years , it's amazing to me that any Maryville fan will now get on here and whine about some other team's advantages ... how about us Maryville fans acting like we've been here before and quit whining about Refs and other team's advantages !! Maryville's great tradition isn't just about winning , it's about Winning and Losing with CLASS ... Maryville means too much to me to just sit quietly by and let Maryville's reputation go to crap on here because a few people want to act like all the Whiners we've had to deal with these past 20 years . I know this will piss some people off and I really don't give a Dam . How bout no more whining and no more excuses for the rest of the week ??!!

I don’t like the whining either Pep, but I despise Tri-Cities officials.