Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

20 minutes ago, pepvol said:

You're such a Troll 

My apologies Snowflake, I mistakenly thought this was a forum where we could discuss all things high school football.... fans, coaches, players, games, etc.           Seeing as how a head coach is an integral part of a program I wanted to get someone's perspective who is close to the program.    My bad....

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Or is it because Quarles is gone?

Derek Hunt did a great job with this team this year. Oakland is loaded with just to much talent and has separated them self from the rest of the pack. Far as Quarles goes there would be no difference in this game had he been here tonight coaching. Right now Furman is 6-5 and Maryville is 13-1so I don't have to say who's job is in the most jeopardy.

Just now, BarneySox2007 said:

Derek Hunt did a great job with this team this year. Oakland is loaded with just to much talent and has separated them self from the rest of the pack. Far as Quarles goes there would be no difference in this game had he been here tonight coaching. Right now Furman is 6-5 and Maryville is 13-1so I don't have to say who's job is in the most jeopardy.

Thanks bro, that is they type of insight I was looking for.    You guys had a fantastic year and will be right there again next year no doubt.

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Thanks bro, that is they type of insight I was looking for.    You guys had a fantastic year and will be right there again next year no doubt.

Last year that Oakland loss took it out of me so bad I really had a hard time with it all the way up until the season started. Tonight was a different game. It was a pretty good game until about the 8 minute mark. I did not expect Maryville to win and actually thought it would be a 35-14 game at best. Last weeks game with Farragut exposed us like a naked lady running down the street. I knew Oakland would watch that and carve us up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Our defense isn't on the same level as the offense by any means. 

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Last year that Oakland loss took it out of me so bad I really had a hard time with it all the way up until the season started. Tonight was a different game. It was a pretty good game until about the 8 minute mark. I did not expect Maryville to win and actually thought it would be a 35-14 game at best. Last weeks game with Farragut exposed us like a naked lady running down the street. I knew Oakland would watch that and carve us up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Our defense isn't on the same level as the offense by any means. 

From what I understand Oakland is a D1 factory as of late so it's no wonder.     You guys will always be in the thick of things every year though, of that I have no doubt.

Hats off to Maryville I thought coach Hunt had an outstanding game plan and they were following it perfectly. The fumble hurt (it was close I only saw it live so if someone saw a replay I would like to know) and Oakland did a great job of capitalizing on it.  I thought the two RB were definitely the difference. The two deep passes to the big WR were timed well for Oakland too. But I thought Maryville played very physical and hit hard and their runners were hard to bring down. They just didn't have enough at the end. The James kid is a stud.

Congrats two Okelund......Hits jist hard two ovurcome tha tallint thait #2, #3, #7, #9, #11 and #21 haiv.....Tha littull fellurs wur purtee gaim tho and we haiv a nice coar comin baick necks yeer......Vaughn and LaDue weal bee a handful inn tha backfeeled and we haiv a lot ov guys reeturnin upfrunt both ways.....Gotta find a QB.....Proud ov those guys in red and blaick fer holdin Okelund two thair seesun low inn points scorred....:popcorneater:

• Like 1