Best teem inn TN hi skool histree att 825

STARSNBARS

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Last year that Oakland loss took it out of me so bad I really had a hard time with it all the way up until the season started. Tonight was a different game. It was a pretty good game until about the 8 minute mark. I did not expect Maryville to win and actually thought it would be a 35-14 game at best. Last weeks game with Farragut exposed us like a naked lady running down the street. I knew Oakland would watch that and carve us up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Our defense isn't on the same level as the offense by any means. 

It was a tough, hard fought game. Oakland just kinda wore Maryville down as the game went on. It was slow, but gradual. Great season for the Rebels. Nothing to be ashamed of to lose to that bunch.

18 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Derek Hunt did a great job with this team this year. Oakland is loaded with just to much talent and has separated them self from the rest of the pack. Far as Quarles goes there would be no difference in this game had he been here tonight coaching. Right now Furman is 6-5 and Maryville is 13-1so I don't have to say who's job is in the most jeopardy.

Seems like Quarles had a bag of tricks that Hunt just doesn't have. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MaryvilleRebels said:

Seems like Quarles had a bag of tricks that Hunt just doesn't have. 

He pulled one on Powell that caught them with their britches down when they though one of the receivers was a linemen when he had his hands covering his number because Maryville don't have them on the sleeves and went wide open. Lot of the teams we played in 4 or 5A  were easy to bait the trap than what we deal with now every week. 

Maryville coach was definitely not the reason they lost this game. Hunt had them boys ready and playing physical and had them believing. The team they were playing tonight was really good and very well coached and just had the best player on the field and he made plays. Anyone that knows anything about football can see that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

My apologies Snowflake, I mistakenly thought this was a forum where we could discuss all things high school football.... fans, coaches, players, games, etc.           Seeing as how a head coach is an integral part of a program I wanted to get someone's perspective who is close to the program.    My bad....

Your team is Terrible so you spend all your time on the better team's threads and try to stir stuff up ,,, Maryville Coach has more state championships than nearly every team put together from your area and you want to imply he's not very good compared to Quarles ... Hilarious 

4 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Your team is Terrible so you spend all your time on the better team's threads and try to stir stuff up ,,, Maryville Coach has more state championships than nearly every team put together from your area and you want to imply he's not very good compared to Quarles ... Hilarious 

Derek Hunt is 67-5 as HC. That’s pretty dang awesome.