Peabody vs McKenzie (West Semi Finals)

PeabodyPride

44 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Glad to see these two deserving long time region foes going toe to toe the day after Thanksgiving!!! I fully expect a electric atmosphere with two proud  fan bases supporting their gridiron warriors, it doesn’t get any better than this is rural west TN !!

No doubt brother. Good luck to you guys!! I will be watching it on Facebook. I will be at our Thanksgiving Tournament at GC. I have watched you guys many times the last four or five years and enjoy watching you guys play. I do think you guys have a mental edge because you won the last several matchups and you have won 3 Gold Balls in a row and what 4 in what 7 years. Going to be a war I will tell you. McKenzie has really surprised me how well they are playing defensively. The defensive stats are off the charts.

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Glad to see these two deserving long time region foes going toe to toe the day after Thanksgiving!!! I fully expect a electric atmosphere with two proud  fan bases supporting their gridiron warriors, it doesn’t get any better than this is rural west TN !!

The place will be packed! Better get there early to get a spot. 

In all seriousness though, I feel this will be a game that will be remembered for years to come. Just like last years playoff game. These current seniors for Peabody have played/practiced almost an extra two seasons of high school football. As a freshman you figure you will be a part of 40 weeks of high school football. With the current success we have had 5 weeks of playoff practice/games each year. This makes this their 19th extra week of football. I know this is stating the obvious, but can this experience be the determining factor on Friday night. It also helps that in the back of the Rebels minds they will be lining up against the team that has ended their season the last two years. Will the tide make it a 3-peat in that aspect? We will see on Friday.

43 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

In all seriousness though, I feel this will be a game that will be remembered for years to come. Just like last years playoff game. These current seniors for Peabody have played/practiced almost an extra two seasons of high school football. As a freshman you figure you will be a part of 40 weeks of high school football. With the current success we have had 5 weeks of playoff practice/games each year. This makes this their 19th extra week of football. I know this is stating the obvious, but can this experience be the determining factor on Friday night. It also helps that in the back of the Rebels minds they will be lining up against the team that has ended their season the last two years. Will the tide make it a 3-peat in that aspect? We will see on Friday.

I like your posts more and more ! Do I know you outside of Coach T ?