Peabody vs McKenzie (West Semi Finals)

PeabodyPride

10 minutes ago, REBFAN07 said:

Hmmm? lots of different opinions on height and weight?? id have to see on the scales to believe?? whatever tho! gonna be a hard fought battle in McKenzie Friday night!!  the gold ball runs thru carroll co this year, regardless. come prepared for 48 mins of battle!!! should be a classic. best of luck to all and safe travels. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope weight is same height is wrong

Since I did Peabody's o-line, here is McKenzie's LT- #60- Richard Moon 5'8" 194, LG- # 72- Hayden Hudson 5'11" 342, C- #77 - Daniel Latimer 5'10" 278, RG- # 54 - Brandon Hatley 6'0" 238, and RT- #66 - David Cheney 6'1" 227

Front seven for Peabody - #85 - Timothy Sewell 5'10" 180, #13 Jason Baskersville 5'10" 215, #77 Keandre' Wolfork 6'0" 330, #50 Connor Meadows 6'4" 290, #34 Jordan Jelk-Shephard 6'4" 235, and MLB  #6 Jacoby Albea 5'10" 180, and #3 London Burkett 5'11" 215.

McKenzie really likes to run to the right side with # 72 pulling to have an extra blocker. We will see if that will be effective on Friday night.

1 hour ago, REBFAN07 said:

Hmmm? lots of different opinions on height and weight?? id have to see on the scales to believe?? whatever tho! gonna be a hard fought battle in McKenzie Friday night!!  the gold ball runs thru carroll co this year, regardless. come prepared for 48 mins of battle!!! should be a classic. best of luck to all and safe travels. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you watch a lot  of the East game?

6 minutes ago, team69 said:

So you watch a lot  of the East game?

Have you heard any Tide fans say anything about East teams? No, nothing but respect. It is one game at a time. ALL teams playing Friday deserve to be there and are good football teams. I will say one thing from my experience of seeing East teams the last few years at state. They usually are EXTREMELY physical. When we played Trousdale a few years ago, that was the hardest hitting high school football game I have ever seen. Meigs the last few years were also extremely physical games and we were fortunate to have come out on top. I would expect whoever makes it from the east it will be the same type of game. You can not explain how physical a championship game is unless you have experienced it. There is so much on the line and every single play is a grind. If one player takes one play off it could spell disaster and rewrite your programs history.

5 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Have you heard any Tide fans say anything about East teams? No, nothing but respect. It is one game at a time. ALL teams playing Friday deserve to be there and are good football:D teams. I will say one thing from my experience of seeing East teams the last few years at state. They usually are EXTREMELY physical. When we played Trousdale a few years ago, that was the hardest hitting high school football game I have ever seen. Meigs the last few years were also extremely physical games and we were fortunate to have come out on top. I would expect whoever makes it from the east it will be the same type of game. You can not explain how physical a championship game is unless you have experienced it. There is so much on the line and every single play is a grind. If one player takes one play off it could spell disaster and rewrite your programs history.

I experienced it in 1969...the first year they ever had a playoff game. It was fun!! The team we played had allowed just 21 pts all year and was averaging close to 50 pts a game. They got across our 50 yd line once.

That's been 52 years ago and I still remember that night. Hope all players from every team relish in it. 

If your lucky enough to  win one in fifty years you can toot your horn like I'm doing now:D

Good luck to y'all .

• Like 4

Respect, respect, respect!!!! Come on guys! Where’s all the trash talk!!……I’m just kidding! I have deep respect for both teams! Both are very deserving to be in Friday’s night game. Both coaches and players will bring their A game! I’m sure it will be a game that us armchair quarterbacks will talk about for a long time. Irregardless to who wins, the west will be well represented! Good luck! Praying for safe travels and an injury free game. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

I agree, most people forget about the respectful part. That is why I love the Tide so much, because the way our coaches handled the Huntingdon loss goes way beyond football. They outplayed and were way more physical than us that night. It was their night and congratulations to them. Did our coaches make excuses like most of our society would have done? No, they guided those young men through their first defeat with the utmost class and told them to get back to work. Which they have done. Everyone expects us to win every game by 50, we are talking about 15-18 year old kids that have a TON of pressure on them. Is having this pressure a good thing, absolutely. When they get older and have families (hopefully) to support, they will need to get out of bed every day and go to work (HA, HA, HA) whether they like what they do or not, that is pressure. Just preparing these young men for the future. I also can not wait until Friday night!

The Tide team and staff gained a lot of respect from me that night. Sportsmanship and Class. Good luck to both teams. Hope to see a dandy on Friday night.

Edited by Waker

53 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Congratulations to Mr Ganaway and Mr Taylor alike , Mr Football Finalist is so much more than stats !!!! Well done Men

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Congratulations to Mr Ganaway and Mr Taylor alike , Mr Football Finalist is so much more than stats !!!! Well done Men

Disappointed is all I have to say. The people that need to know, know what I am referring to. Absolutely embarrassing!