Peabody vs McKenzie (West Semi Finals)

PeabodyPride

On 11/22/2021 at 9:04 PM, TCnation said:

This one will be a dandy. McKenzie was my early season dark horse pick, and I'm gonna stick with them. Wish I could see this one in person. 

There really wasn’t a doubt in my mind that this game was going to happen before the season started. I knew if both teams stayed healthy we was going to be in for a game of the year type senecio. I’m sure some others will be posting during the game. I know I will be so check in from time to time Friday night. I know all to well how the Tide play but I have to go with my gut 35-21 Rebels!

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

There really wasn’t a doubt in my mind that this game was going to happen before the season started. I knew if both teams stayed healthy we was going to be in for a game of the year type senecio. I’m sure some others will be posting during the game. I know I will be so check in from time to time Friday night. I know all to well how the Tide play but I have to go with my gut 35-21 Rebels!

Is that not a great sign for us? Thank you for picking against us! Again.

On 11/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, Pirateman28 said:

Keep thinking the west will bring home the gold we will find out next week

Two really good football teams playing for a trip to the state finals in Chattanooga. Both teams are well  coached. The Peabody staff has won 3 2A titles in a row. Coach Comer and his staff got McKenzie to the title game once and the semifinals now 4 times on their watch. Maybe 3 Coach Thomas may have been the Coach when they played  Westview a few years ago. Imo this game will come down to line play and turnovers. The big question will be can the McKenzie defense stand up to the big uglies Peabody has upfront. I think the Rebels defensive line will play even with Peabody most of the night but in the end the Peabody line will do enough to win a 21 to 14 type game. Peabody defense must contain Taylor but imo Cassidy is who makes them go. I think Peabody will do just enough to win the game in what should be a classic. I wouldn't be surprised if McKenzie wins this game but Peabody has been there and done that. Good luck to both teams and praying for an injury free game. Just some added pressure the winner of this game goes to Chattanooga and beats So. Pittsburg by 2 or more tds. 

10 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Two really good football teams playing for a trip to the state finals in Chattanooga. Both teams are well  coached. The Peabody staff has won 3 2A titles in a row. Coach Comer and his staff got McKenzie to the title game once and the semifinals now 4 times on their watch. Maybe 3 Coach Thomas may have been the Coach when they played  Westview a few years ago. Imo this game will come down to line play and turnovers. The big question will be can the McKenzie defense stand up to the big uglies Peabody has upfront. I think the Rebels defensive line will play even with Peabody most of the night but in the end the Peabody line will do enough to win a 21 to 14 type game. Peabody defense must contain Taylor but imo Cassidy is who makes them go. I think Peabody will do just enough to win the game in what should be a classic. I wouldn't be surprised if McKenzie wins this game but Peabody has been there and done that. Good luck to both teams and praying for an injury free game. Just some added pressure the winner of this game goes to Chattanooga and beats So. Pittsburg by 2 or more tds. 

That’s a bold statement only time will tell.

2 hours ago, Pirateman28 said:

That’s a bold statement only time will tell.

It may seem like a bold statement to some but I truly believe in what I stated. I just  feel that Peabody and McKenzie are more battled tested in the playoffs and I flat out think they are just better football teams. In know way am I trying to disrespect So. Pittsburg. They have a great program but in saying that the pirates recent history is taken account in my statement. So. Pittsburg is the best team in the east but not the state. It is only my opinion and they may very prove me wrong. If they do I will gladly congratulate them. 

20 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

It may seem like a bold statement to some but I truly believe in what I stated. I just  feel that Peabody and McKenzie are more battled tested in the playoffs and I flat out think they are just better football teams. In know way am I trying to disrespect So. Pittsburg. They have a great program but in saying that the pirates recent history is taken account in my statement. So. Pittsburg is the best team in the east but not the state. It is only my opinion and they may very prove me wrong. If they do I will gladly congratulate them. 

I respect your analysis and we respect Lake County as well. I will congratulate any team that wins we will just have to see next week if we can finish the job this year.