Peabody vs McKenzie (West Semi Finals)

PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, Pirateman28 said:

Pulling for my Power P brothers in this one. I would love for us to meet Peabody in Chattanooga it would be a great battle. We’ve already met McKenzie once before in 2007 and we all know how that turned out :lol::lol:

Imo if So. Pitt meets Peabody or McKenzie is not going to turn out well for them. West is just better in 1 and 2A right now. It runs in cycles and right now the West is on uptick. I see the trend continuing for the next few years. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Imo if So. Pitt meets Peabody or McKenzie is not going to turn out well for them. West is just better in 1 and 2A right now. It runs in cycles and right now the West is on uptick. I see the trend continuing for the next few years. 

That cat is a troll kinfolk. Marion and SP fans both troll each other hoping they will rile up the other team so they will lose. West teams are 100% the favorite to bring home the Gold and anyone with a brain knows it. South Pitt is better than I thought though and will make it closer than I thought a few weeks back. I’m just keeping it real

44 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

That cat is a troll kinfolk. Marion and SP fans both troll each other hoping they will rile up the other team so they will lose. West teams are 100% the favorite to bring home the Gold and anyone with a brain knows it. South Pitt is better than I thought though and will make it closer than I thought a few weeks back. I’m just keeping it real

We will win

Ok moment of clarity here, just watched the City vs Reb game, not impressed, rewatched Tide and Falcons, not impressed, Peabody looks like they are going thru the motions  imho, if getting Stank slapped didn’t wake us up what will? Losing Friday ? I don’t know that we win that game two night ago if LC had more depth, I get it, it’s football and we won 40/18 but we aren’t crisp and popping,sloppy is a understatement  !!!! The Rebels played some sloppy ball also ! If any homers feel like throwing down and getting your red and silver or black n gold  panties in a wad Lets throw down, just know, I bleed Black and Gold but I gotta call it like I see it , same for the Rebels ! So here I go keys to the game from a honest viewpoint !

For PHS to advance

1  Come out fast and physically dominant, don’t wait till late in the third to turn up the heat on the D side of the ball.

2. 5 Yards by Driggers in the read option isn’t a loss, quit acting like it is !!!!!!!

3. Khalik Ganaway has proven to be durable and get better as the game goes on,use him

4. Play action Play action Play action

5Screen Pass isn’t a four letter word !!!!

Rebels path to advance

1 Get Taylor going early, 20 plus touches be it run or pass catch 

2 Allow Cassidy to use his IQ and speed to run the read option, he is a beast at it !

3 Don’t get pass happy, time of possession is VERY crucial with these two teams

4 Mix up your defensive schemes you kept the Tide guessing on offense second meeting last year, do it again 

5 Play clean ball line you are capable of winning 

what say you ?non homer replies only please

Edited by PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, ysoangry said:

My brain tells me Trenton wins this game. I'm pulling for our neighbors in McKenzie. All of a sudden McKenzie is in the semi finals the same year a Dresden kid becomes a McKenzie assistant coach.   Hummmm I see a pattern.

They were almost in the semifinals last year and were clearly the second best AA team in the state. I knew this match would happen and it will be championship caliber! If your a football fan and miss this game…..!

Shame on you! :lol:

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Ok moment of clarity here, just watched the City vs Reb game, not impressed, rewatched Tide and Falcons, not impressed, Peabody looks like they are going thru the motions  imho, if getting Stank slapped didn’t wake us up what will? Losing Friday ? I don’t know that we win that game two night ago if LC had more depth, I get it, it’s football and we won 40/18 but we aren’t crisp and popping,sloppy is a understatement  !!!! The Rebels played some sloppy ball also ! If any homers feel like throwing down and getting your red and silver or black n gold  panties in a wad Lets throw down, just know, I bleed Black and Gold but I gotta call it like I see it , same for the Rebels ! So here I go keys to the game from a honest viewpoint !

For PHS to advance

1  Come out fast and physically dominant, don’t wait till late in the third to turn up the heat on the D side of the ball.

2. 5 Yards by Driggers in the read option isn’t a loss, quit acting like it is !!!!!!!

3. Khalik Ganaway has proven to be durable and get better as the game goes on,use him

Rebels path to advance

2 Allow Cassidy to use his IQ and speed to run the read option, he is a beast at it !

4 Mix up your defensive schemes you kept the Tide guessing on offense second meeting last year, do it again 

I'll agree with the bottom half .. pretty well the way I see it.. I don't really know about yalls game ain't seen it . I was at fville though if u mean sloppy as far as penalties yea that was pretty much both teams but the videos online doesn't do justice for fville players there line is unreal I think we played outstanding on defense... but that's my opinion... im sure anyone that was there would agree ... 

9 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

This game will come down to discipline on defense.  Both teams have big play capabilities and a lot of times those big plays are result of missed assignments.  Keeping their eyes where they need to be and not get caught breaking their responsibilities.  

Going to be a long week until this one.  

On a side note, I ask for travel prayers as I am leaving Tuesday for Arkansas for Thanksgiving.  We will return Friday. 

Just want to say thank you for what part u do for mckenzie sports .. heck of a baseball coach had 2 of mine back years ago .. and Friday night best I've listened to around here .thank you I pray for you and your family has safe travels to family in Arkansas for Thanksgiving... looking forward to Friday night 

5 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

For PHS to advance

Rebels path to advance

@PeabodyPride @Tide21 fellars ive been told that this pirate 28 man is from around the jailhouse.  Them jailhouse fellars has all went into subterranean and trying to get other teams riled up for our boys.  You think im joking but im not.

1 hour ago, Rebels06 said:

Just want to say thank you for what part u do for mckenzie sports .. heck of a baseball coach had 2 of mine back years ago .. and Friday night best I've listened to around here .thank you I pray for you and your family has safe travels to family in Arkansas for Thanksgiving... looking forward to Friday night 

Appreciate it. I had someone tell me in church this morning their son was listening, who use to be my qb when I coached McKenzies middle school, and he said Coach was jacked up Friday night. Lol