Haywood at Tullahoma

Kruger77

Since yall coming from the West, if you get a chance to go through Lynchburg before 530pm, Barrelhouse BBQ has this ridiculous BBQ sandwich called the Grilled Cheese on Crack - if ya want more spicy, the Grilled Cheese on Crack-Jack - give it some of their sweet but mild habanero sauce and you'll lose your mind! 

Just keep in mind they close at 6pm. Get there early enough and you can pick up some Jack Daniels swag at the Lynchburg Hardware Store.

Hotels we have a Holiday Inn in town and a couple more that will do. Manchester is another option if you want to be close to I-24.

Other food options are Whisky Trail BBQ close to the stadium. Best burgers in town at London's Bar and Grill, sandwiches at Daddy Billy's both "Downtown Tullahoma," Got a nice NY style pizza joint downtown at Spinelli's next door to Daddy Billy's. Mexican joints are all good, El Costal and LA Fiesta are favorites, Casa always a solid choice. Good Japanese at Yamato's close to the stadium, then the usual chain restaurants with Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesdays, and all the fast food.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Team, food and hotel

Hotel: stay at Hampton or holiday inn express.

food/beer: depends on timing and what is open being thanksgiving and such. If wanting a beer and hang out and watch some games then head downtown to daddy Billy’s and Londons.

Whiskey trail, emils, sundrop shoppe, damrons.

if coming early or wanting to do something different during day on Friday… you could do a little whiskey trail with hitting up george dickel and jack daniels distilleries. (If going to lynchburg then miss bobo’s would be a great place to eat also)

team: biggest oline I’ve probably seen in this classification and easily biggest oline I’ve ever seen Tullahoma have. Hard nosed defense that plays complementary football. I wouldn’t say Tullahoma has that one star that is a sure fire D1 player. Some good players though that will go to Austin pray type teams. Qb is an athlete but not a burner or anything. 

this Tullahoma team prefers to run the ball but can toss the pigskin.

one of the better kickers in the state.

stadium and atmosphere is good with jumbotron, play clocks, plenty of seating, concessions on both sides of the field. I prefer concession stand closer to visitors bleachers.  All games are broadcast on local tv or I think there would be another 500 or so people come to games but still good crowds.

2 minutes ago, hardhatvol said:

food/beer: depends on timing and what is open being thanksgiving and such. If wanting a beer and hang out and watch some games then head downtown to daddy Billy’s and Londons.

if coming early or wanting to do something different during day on Friday… you could do a little whiskey trail with hitting up george dickel and jack daniels distilleries. (If going to lynchburg then miss bobo’s would be a great place to eat also)

team: biggest oline I’ve probably seen in this classification and easily biggest oline I’ve ever seen Tullahoma have. Hard nosed defense that plays complementary football. I wouldn’t say Tullahoma has that one star that is a sure fire D1 player. Some good players though that will go to Austin pray type teams. Qb is an athlete but not a burner or anything. 

stadium and atmosphere is good with jumbotron, play clocks, plenty of seating, concessions on both sides of the field. I prefer concession stand closer to visitors bleachers.  All games are broadcast on local tv or I think there would be another 500 or so people come to games but still good crowds.

Good deal good deal, we’ll be heading there early! Long ride lol

6 hours ago, hardhatvol said:

HardHat, is that local TV video streamed anywhere online? I’d like to watch this game if it’s online somewhere. 

One of the nicest things about Tullahoma is we are only 77 miles to the state championship stadium in Chattanooga. How we got in the west bracket I'll never know. We have bounce houses set up in front of the stadium for some tailgating for the kids and usually a few food vendors with seating to eat before the game. It is real nice being that we have been at home for 8 games this season. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

HardHat, is that local TV video streamed anywhere online? I’d like to watch this game if it’s online somewhere. 

It’s via light tube which is local tv provider. I don’t think it’s streamed unless you have an account. I don’t live there, so I don’t have an account. If it’s streamed online I’ll post a link if I find it