Jump to content

Haywood at Tullahoma


Tomcatfan2011
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Tullahoma has to share the talent pool with a 6A team at Coffee County central. We are the second largest school in 4A. We tried to play up to 5A for this 3 year classification period but we’re denied. I think we will have 5 A enrollment numbers by 2023. 

Maybe so, but CC has never won a playoff game and you guys win the Coffee Pot over 70% of the time, so it's not like their stiff competition. I'd say your probably right about playing 5A if it is still a 6 class system 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

LOL - Man of Millions trained me in Coach T - I have to honor him every once in a while by being sarcastic. Sometimes I feel like Haywood County gets overlooked a little bit. I know the East has dominated in the past and Elizabethton and Greeneville are proven title winners, so I surely get it. The East needs to earn respect. Coach Smith is still young, but has amassed a 66-22 overall record and is 57-8 last five years, so he is doing something right. 

Grasshopper, slow and steady wins the race!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

I'm from east Tennessee  and I still wanna watch this game!  If I can find it streaming I'll drop in and watch some of it. But I think haywood will end up getting the Dubya. But I want Tullahoma to have their first state championship game. Good luck to both teams!

Good luck with that. The T$$AA teamed up with a streaming service and gave them exclusive rights to it. If you want to watch a bad product, with no commentary, that you have to pay for, go for it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is where you can hear the audio call from me and Ken Keller. Youtube.com/tualighttube.

I've broadcast Tullahoma football for 30 years and this is the strongest team we've ever had. This matchup with Haywood seems to be pretty even on paper.

Don't discount the experience Haywood earned last year by winning their semifinal game. Tullahoma is playing its first semifinal game since 1987 but has been to the quarterfinals in three of the past four years.

The Air Force base does not directly contribute to the facilities or program at Tullahoma. The city financed the building of the new stadium (it was not a remodel), and the quarterback club bought the jumbotron, etc.

Come on Haywood fans, make the drive and let's join together to give these young men a tremendous atmosphere Friday night.

 

Edited by ScottShasteen
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Here is where you can hear the audio call from me and Ken Keller. Youtube.com/tualighttube.

I've broadcast Tullahoma football for 30 years and this is the strongest team we've ever had. This matchup with Haywood seems to be pretty even on paper.

Don't discount the experience Haywood earned last year by winning their semifinal game. Tullahoma is playing its first semifinal game since 1987 but has been to the quarterfinals in three of the past four years.

The Air Force base does not directly contribute to the facilities or program at Tullahoma. The city financed the building of the new stadium (it was not a remodel), and the quarterback club bought the jumbotron, etc.

Come on Haywood fans, make the drive and let's join together to give these young men a tremendous atmosphere Friday night.

 

Haywood fans seem to love the road trips, lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ScottShasteen said:

Here is where you can hear the audio call from me and Ken Keller. Youtube.com/tualighttube.

I've broadcast Tullahoma football for 30 years and this is the strongest team we've ever had. This matchup with Haywood seems to be pretty even on paper.

Don't discount the experience Haywood earned last year by winning their semifinal game. Tullahoma is playing its first semifinal game since 1987 but has been to the quarterfinals in three of the past four years.

The Air Force base does not directly contribute to the facilities or program at Tullahoma. The city financed the building of the new stadium (it was not a remodel), and the quarterback club bought the jumbotron, etc.

Come on Haywood fans, make the drive and let's join together to give these young men a tremendous atmosphere Friday night.

 

I’m a neighbor of Haywood, and will not travel since my Covington lost last week to Dyersburg. However, I plan to catch this 4A game on FM 95.3 out of Brownsville.

Go Tomcats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Tullahoma has to share the talent pool with a 6A team at Coffee County central. We are the second largest school in 4A. We tried to play up to 5A for this 3 year classification period but we’re denied. I think we will have 5 A enrollment numbers by 2023. 

Wrong!  Tullahoma chose to go down into 4A classification.  Get it right.  The rest of our sports dropped too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ScottShasteen said:

Here is where you can hear the audio call from me and Ken Keller. Youtube.com/tualighttube.

I've broadcast Tullahoma football for 30 years and this is the strongest team we've ever had. This matchup with Haywood seems to be pretty even on paper.

Don't discount the experience Haywood earned last year by winning their semifinal game. Tullahoma is playing its first semifinal game since 1987 but has been to the quarterfinals in three of the past four years.

The Air Force base does not directly contribute to the facilities or program at Tullahoma. The city financed the building of the new stadium (it was not a remodel), and the quarterback club bought the jumbotron, etc.

Come on Haywood fans, make the drive and let's join together to give these young men a tremendous atmosphere Friday night.

 

And the sorry superintendent screwed up the build.  We could have had what giles county has for cheaper but we let an ego manic run the job who has no idea what was going on.  No restrooms up or anything.  Trailer on the bleachers.  He left us with exactly what he was Con Man.   Giles Stadium with a great press box, restrooms, private rooms amazing and cheaper.  Same company did both one was a design bulid for giles.  Tullahoma got a design trailer park by Lawson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sweetness1 said:

Wrong!  Tullahoma chose to go down into 4A classification.  Get it right.  The rest of our sports dropped too.

Wrong.... The enrollment numbers for 5A classification started at 1115 students. Tullahoma only had 1090 as of the count date.  We are the second largest school in 4A this season.  https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21/2021classification.html#di-football  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Announcements




×
  • Create New...