Haywood at Tullahoma

Kruger77

12 hours ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Wrong.... The enrollment numbers for 5A classification started at 1115 students. Tullahoma only had 1090 as of the count date.  We are the second largest school in 4A this season.  https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21/2021classification.html#di-football  

Pearl went up.  Could have stayed in 3A  No one denied them.

42 minutes ago, Sweetness1 said:

Pearl went up.  Could have stayed in 3A  No one denied them.

They let 3 each of the 3A teams move up because they had 52 teams in the 3A class and only 46 teams in the 4A class. This made 6 equal classes of 49 teams each. They would like to have 48 in each class but as counties add new schools they get a few more as they go. Only one 2A team moved to 3A  and no 1A, 4A or 5A teams were allowed to move up. The main effort is to keep an equal number of teams in each class. I wish the regions had the same number of teams as some only had 5 teams  and others had 9 teams. But travel distance and cost figures into laying out regions within each class. 

32 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Watched a couple of games on Tullahoma, one thing that sticks out is discipline. We have to stay on blocks and be methodical this game 

They do keep to their assignments rather well. The only Haywood game film I saw was against Covington maybe 6 weeks ago. They do not play the same style of football as Tullahoma. Haywood's size gives them some options that other teams don't enjoy. But with that size seemed to be a lack in overall speed and agility on the line. Tullahoma's linemen for their size move quite a bit quicker than what I saw against Covington. It could be a speed difference that helps negate the size some. But we will see. Maintaining a running game against Tullahoma has been a tall order this year but if anyone has a chance Haywood's big O-line might get it done. I think this game might be even a better game to see than the 4A championship game. I wouldn't be ashamed to say I lost to either of these teams. You are seeing the best of the best this year. In 48 hours we should be froze to death and know who is going to Chattanooga. 

12 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

They do keep to their assignments rather well. The only Haywood game film I saw was against Covington maybe 6 weeks ago. They do not play the same style of football as Tullahoma. Haywood's size gives them some options that other teams don't enjoy. But with that size seemed to be a lack in overall speed and agility on the line. Tullahoma's linemen for their size move quite a bit quicker than what I saw against Covington. It could be a speed difference that helps negate the size some. But we will see. Maintaining a running game against Tullahoma has been a tall order this year but if anyone has a chance Haywood's big O-line might get it done. I think this game might be even a better game to see than the 4A championship game. I wouldn't be ashamed to say I lost to either of these teams. You are seeing the best of the best this year. In 48 hours we should be froze to death and know who is going to Chattanooga. 

That speed is deceiving from our Oline and DL, lol. It’s a difference seeing it in on video and in person