Westview at Riverside

WestviewAlumni

3 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

The Panthers know what their up against. They haven’t saw this kind of offense all year but rest assured these boys will do everything Frost asks of them and more. Effort only goes so far and they know they are huge underdogs but don’t count them them just yet

At this point In the season everyone is good! No one will be overlooked 

Both of these coaches are class act guys who are doing great thing with their programs. I feel like Frost is the better coach and has done an amazing job at Riverside improving the program and these young men's lives every season. Friday night though I feel like the Chargers may have just a little too much speed for the Panthers. Westview also has one of the biggest advantages in high school football; the ability to pass the football efficiently. 

Although the game has changed over the years, and more teams pass than 10 years ago, being able to throw the way they do is a huge advantage and I feel will be too much for Riverside to overcome. I will say this though... Frost and his Team never lay down or quit. They will battle the whole game. Good luck to both teams.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:20 PM, TitanicVol said:

I’m pulling for Riverside. Since I haven’t watched Westview play or know outcomes from any common opponents I won’t throw out any “on another level” statements lol. Fans tend not to be objective so it’s easy to be overconfident at times. 

Westview has the best player in the state and one of the Top QB’s in the country. Ty Simpson is on another level compared to everyone else he plays against. Westview at 14+. 

For those who don't know, the stadium is located at the middle school. So if you are a google map person, type in the address of Decatur Co. Middle School. A couple of years ago, I had to run by Riverside High to pick up something before the Waverly game and there was an older couple from Waverly setting in the driveway complaining because they couldn't find the football field. I hope it's a packed house that night. When we played Peabody in the semis in 2019, we had several people from our district there, including Lewis Co. and Hickman. 

2 minutes ago, woodsandwater said:

Are there bleachers on both sides of the stadium? I thought about making the trip, I looked at an aerial view and it doesn’t look like there are. Just wondering. 

Yes, both sides and in one endzone. You might bring lawn chairs if you don't get there early though.