Westview at Riverside

WestviewAlumni

32 minutes ago, HevyReturns said:

The Westview coach just revealed their QB, Ty Simpson, that “one-man team”, he played SICK! And Ty himself said in interview he has bad nausea, puking, stomach flu, even on sidelines. He wasn’t even at 100%. They didn’t know this afternoon if he would be able to play... can you imagine if he was going full-bore on all cylinders?.. Hey Westview, DONT DRINK OR EAT ANYTHING between here & Chattanooga! Hehe! Bring with you only hometown water & drinks and eat only home-cooking next week! GOOOOO CHARGERS! 

Wow. Pretty surprising especially considering the coach still had him out there in the 4th after the game was decided. I would have figured a puking near dead star player might have needed to rest up or been better taken care of. Congrats to Westview, hope u do well in ‘Nooga. 

• Like 1

Congratulations to Westview definitely earned the win. Simpson a big difference maker. Riverside no reason to hang your heads. Gave them all they wanted in the first half and if not for those penalties stalling that first series in the third could have been different. But that’s part of the game. Good luck to ya next week 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PantherPride2004 said:

I wouldn’t say one horse. Ty was very elusive. We had pressure on him a lot, good play designs with swing the rb out to our spy’s side, 12, 17, and 2 all could go. Anderson impressed me both ways. It was a game we had to score every possession. 

Great game played by both teams. It all came down to who got a stop, just so happened that Westview got a stop before the half and got the ball first in the 2nd, kinda over after a quick score and another stop. I too was impressed with Anderson, I really don’t think he ever came off the field, offense, defense, returned punts and kickoffs.  Martin’s radio station said he was the 1st 1000 yard receiver for a year ever at Westview and that he was in 10th place all time in Tennessee for receiving TDs in a season with 18. Good luck to them next weekend, may have to sign up for the NFHS racket to watch that one. 

4 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Still stand on this comment?

I shouldn't have posted this and I knew it would ruffle. People were saying Westview would have us down 21-0 or 28-0 by the end of the first quarter - didn't happen. Westview is a good team, especially the skilled players, but they are not unbeatable. 

13 hours ago, RiversideP said:

I have never seen such a one man army team in my entire life. Westview is a good team but if they don’t have Ty they wouldn’t be in this game. Props to Westview and heck of a season Riverside!

Ty doesn’t play defense or special teams….he also doesn’t pass the ball or hand the ball off to himself (although he RAN a 53 yard touchdown on y’all last night). It definitely takes them entire team to be as successful as they have been this year!! He is the leader of the team but definitely couldn’t do it by himself. Good season to y’all and now it’s time for Westview to go show Hampton what Charger football is all about!!

4 hours ago, @38320 said:

I shouldn't have posted this and I knew it would ruffle. People were saying Westview would have us down 21-0 or 28-0 by the end of the first quarter - didn't happen. Westview is a good team, especially the skilled players, but they are not unbeatable. 

Most people said Westview would win by 2-3 touchdowns…and they won by 3 (or two and a field goal…three possessions)! Westview gets stronger in the 2nd half and they did that once again last night