Westview at Riverside

WestviewAlumni

11 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

I’m glad everyone’s counting us out lol to be honest we match up better vs westview than a Huntington or a Forrest team You think I’m lying but I’m not but we will take that underdog role and run with it

I disagree riverside is built to stop the run, we don’t see many pass heavy offenses and have struggled against inferior opponents when they decided to throw the ball like Summertown and Lewis. Riversides only hope in my opinion is be able to run the ball against a seemingly stout WV defense and control the clock while making  the most out of all their possessions with points and keeping the ball out of simpsons hands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Westview offense will come out throwing downfield early they will be in complete attack mode. If you don’t have a good secondary it’s over. Our defense will try to have a repeat performance. If riverside isn’t as fast as Westview it’s gonna be hard 

Westview can force teams to throw the ball and the secondary is very good 4 picks last night alone

No offense to Riverside whatsoever, but this Westview team is the real deal. You mainly hear about Simpson, which is no fault of anybody, he’s a generational talent, but the whole team is stacked. I’d be shocked if this is closer than 2 touchdowns. Anything can happen though. That’s why you play the game. Good luck to both teams. 

1 hour ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Westview can force teams to throw the ball and the secondary is very good 4 picks last night alone

Yes they can. When Huntingdon got behind the sticks and had to throw the ball it was ugly.  Was it only 4 picks last night? How many total turnovers where there? It had to be a lot. It seamed like every MAHS drive ended in a turnover. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yes they can. When Huntingdon got behind the sticks and had to throw the ball it was ugly.  Was it only 4 picks last night? How many total turnovers where there? It had to be a lot. It seamed like every MAHS drive ended in a turnover. 

Well it was the 4 INTS then a strip sack at the start of the game and a turnover on downs on multiple drives so I want to say the ballpark of 7-8 total. They came close to scoring in the third quarter it was picked off inside the 5 they fought for every yard they gained. Westview swarmed to the ball faster than they could get in the open field. We pressured the QB every time he dropped back he was sacked a few times. We didn’t scored off of every turnover but we did stop them from scoring.

9 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Nobody should be discounting anybody at this point. You don't make it this far without being pretty dang good.

This is an excellent quote from another thread.

To make it to the semis, a team has to be good regardless of the region. There are some teams who are just at another level and it shows by round four.

Can you just imagine all of the teams over the years who have had very good or even undefeated regular seasons but have yet to make it this far?

• Like 1