Giles @ Alcoa Rd 4

PtownCat

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

If I remember correctly, they were in AA and maybe even single A years ago. I understand what you are saying. Sorta like back when the privates were playing the publics.

There is a team in Southern Middle Tn that is similar. The exceptions are the playoff games and state championships. However, Lewis County always schedules weak out of region teams and are always in very weak regions and go 9-1!10-0 most years. How fun is that?

Except Alcoa doesn't duck competition. Alcoa played 2 6A and 2 5A programs, 3 of which made it to the quarterfinals and 2 of them are still playing. Its always "why doesn't Alcoa move up", when it should be "what can we do to get on their level". Winning titles never gets old.

This participation trophy era has made cowards of some coaches. When you take the easy route to success, it's gonna show come playoff time

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Except Alcoa doesn't duck competition. Alcoa played 2 6A and 2 5A programs, 3 of which made it to the quarterfinals and 2 of them are still playing. Its always "why doesn't Alcoa move up", when it should be "what can we do to get on their level". Winning titles never gets old.

This participation trophy era has made cowards of some coaches. When you take the easy route to success, it's gonna show come playoff time

I agree with you. Especially since Alcoa is not technically a private school. 

Eventually every team or program or team has a down year every now and them and every now and then a team has an incredible run. Who ever is up when Alcoa is down will be lucky.

16 hours ago, fb247 said:

I really do not understand how Rankin can feel like he and Alcoa have done anything. Alcoa should move up to a level more competitive. Winning lopsided playoff games and state championship game , how can that be enjoyable? Most realize his winning record is very shallow at best.   

Yep most teams hate winning title after title after title....oh wait

14 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

I laughed…..:lol:

I shook my head.  

17 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Golden Truth Award Winner!:thumb:

16 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

I agree with you. Especially since Alcoa is not technically a private school. 

Eventually every team or program or team has a down year every now and them and every now and then a team has an incredible run. Who ever is up when Alcoa is down will be lucky.

Yup...2012 was a rough year for Alcoa. I think 5 loses. 2 Loses in region.....it happens. 

Edited by BCsportsfan

Giles County is a very good football team.  David O’Connor’s teams always play with great effort and with an edge.  Their RB #15 McElroy is the real deal.  I’ve watched him since he was a sophomore and he’s a good one.  Alcoa will be favored to win the football game and will be a monumental challenge.  I highly doubt though that Alcoa wins this game by 40 points.  Giles County is too good to be beaten by that lofty of a margin.  

Alcoa:  35

Giles County:  14

I wish this game were being played in Pulaski.  I would probably attend if so.