Giles @ Alcoa Rd 4

PtownCat

4 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I just read a couple of post and it's the same nearly every year on every Alcoa board. Why can't folks just except the fact about Alcoa.They are good, really good ,year after  year.Thats just a fact and I enjoy watching a winner like Alcoa. It's not their place to travel the world looking for teams that can beat them.They play where they are supposed to and it's the same size schools place to be good enough to compete with Alcoa.Hey,if you don't like getting beat by Alcoa,your school should move up or down and avoid them . If you lived on an Island and a Hurricane destroyed it every year,do you blame the weather or just move because you know that big storm is coming every year .Alcoa is the perfect storm and I can appreciate what they have.It's been extremely nice to just have a taste of that kind of success with my Devils and neighbors in Elizabethtown over the last several years and that makes me enjoy a program like Alcoa even more.So Alcoa,bring back another gold to East Tennessee  and Batman will send his yearly congratulations !

Great post Batman!!

11 hours ago, Bull64 said:

So my question is how does players x y & z play for another school & the next year their on Alcoa football team. That’s gives any team an advantage 

Only way TSSAA allows that is if you move into the City. Same for all schools. Alcoa's QB was that last to transfer in and TSSAA made him sit out 1 year.

Alcoa's keeps the most complete records of players and must receive a letter of approval before they touch the field. This because all the false allegations and being under the microscope. Been that way for years.

Alcoa will have one competitive game all year. And we know who the opponent is. Outside of that they will boat race all other teams on their schedule and all the teams in 3A including Giles County.  That’s why teams like Upperman and RedBank decided to move to 4A. You aren’t beating them for the foreseeable future on the gridiron.  Alcoa would be the favorite in 4A and one of the favorites in 5A which is where they matchup talent wise year in and year out. They would still win more than they would lose and the games would be a lot more fun to watch for the fans but that’s just my unbiased observation. 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Alcoa will have one competitive game all year. And we know who the opponent is. Outside of that they will boat race all other teams on their schedule and all the teams in 3A including Giles County.  That’s why teams like Upperman and RedBank decided to move to 4A. You aren’t beating them for the foreseeable future on the gridiron.  Alcoa would be the favorite in 4A and one of the favorites in 5A which is where they matchup talent wise year in and year out. They would still win more than they would lose and the games would be a lot more fun to watch for the fans but that’s just my unbiased observation. 

Probably one of the reasons Alcoa takes on 6A powerhouse Maryville every year as well as the best that will play them from all classes during the regular season. When the playoffs get here, the goal is gold.When Alcoa has the amount of  students to move up,they will.I understand what your saying but it's not Alcoa's job to find a place to lose more often but other schools their size job to get better. I've seen Alcoa have down years in the past and not win it all.Nobody cared then outside of Alcoa.Shoot,some folks in 4A or 5A would be crying foul if they moved up now and took someones playoff spot.Several years ago,one of my kids was batting and got under a baseball but it still went off the 350 fence .The coach of the 13 year old all-star team recruited him that night because he didn't think that was possible at that age and  it not even a solid hit.I told him my boys age and he said, I'm sorry he doesn't meet the age  requirements.I didn't see a big deal but apparently a year makes a difference . Anyway, Alcoa is playing where they are supposed to  because of their size.

• Like 1

I am just glad that I have the opportunity to watch my son play on this thanksgiving weekend . There are not many parents (except for Alcoa lol) that get this chance . Most work their butts off all year and if they are lucky, make it to the playoffs . Whether we pull off the miracle and compete or get “boat raced” as so many of you have predicted, I will still be proud of my team . Go Bobcats !!!

• Like 2