Giles @ Alcoa Rd 4

PtownCat

8 hours ago, CatDaddy1 said:

Congrats on the win Bc … Alcoa was by far the best high school team I’ve ever watched in person . We definitely didn’t do ourselves any favors with all the mistakes but it still would not of mattered . We were outmatched from the start . Tonight was my sons last snap as a Bobcat and to go out like this hurts .We are a better team than we showed tonight .  And for the fan on the field , what an embarrassment . Good luck next week . As always Go Bobcats ! 

Thanks for the classy post and best of luck to your Son's future.

I was blown away at the text and videos the Bobcat players had sent the Alcoa players this week. Some videos pretty foul.

It had the Alcoa players fired up. More than normal.  Alcoa Coaches stressed not to get caught up in the banter.  Once the game started, One Alcoa playing got a personal foul. The coaches pulled him from the game and screamed and yelled at him the entire game. 

Im sure the Bobcats are a very good team. But that did them no favors. 

This was the first game Ive seen the coaches pull all starters and any player that maybe needed or used in the championship game due to the chippy play. The Freshman team played most of the second half with the second string QB.

Edited by BCsportsfan

24 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Thanks for the classy post and best of luck to your Son's future.

I was blown away at the text and videos the Bobcat players had sent the Alcoa players this week. Some videos pretty foul.

It had the Alcoa players fired up. More than normal.  Alcoa Coaches stressed not to get caught up in the banter.  Once the game started, One Alcoa playing got a personal foul. The coaches pulled him from the game and screamed and yelled at him the entire game. 

Im sure the Bobcats are a very good team. But that did them no favors. 

This was the first game Ive seen the coaches pull all starters and any player that maybe needed or used in the championship game due to the chippy play. The Freshman team played most of the second half with the second string QB.

So you all encountered a new species of Redneck you never have ran across before. I wondered why they threw a 66 yard bomb with a minute to go in the half leading 42-0. Your guy made that TD but the refs robbed him of it which was plain to see.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

So you all encountered a new species of Redneck you never have ran across before. I wondered why they threw a 66 yard bomb with a minute to go in the half leading 42-0. Your guy made that TD but the refs robbed him of it which was plain to see.

Alcoa punched the TD in to go up 49-0. Only for the refs to say the ball was striped and ran out of the endzone to the 5 yard line? It looked like the Alcoa RB crossed the Endzone before being striped of the ball? Oh well the game was over by that point....

1 minute ago, lawnman said:

Why would any team want to make Alcoa mad.I remember when we played Alcoa in 09 us fans kind of run our mouths and when the game started we found out what Alcoa football is all about.Great program with a ton of tradition.

I know Alcoa even with their sucess is coached to stay off social media and never be disrespectful. It goes as the saying....rep what you sow.

You could tell in the pregame that someone had "stepped on their tail".

• Like 1

Alcoa is the Alabama of Tennessee high school football.What I witnessed last night is the difference between a well coached team and a well coached team with discipline.And Giles County lacked discipline last night.When your back is against the wall it’s how you respond that says what kind of person you are.So that’s what a boat race looks like.

6 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

Sounds like Giles Co went full retard. Never go full retard!

Kids will be kids. I was shocked when I was shown just one (of many) of the videos they sent to our players. That level of stupidity is all on coaching. I guarantee if any of our players did anything like that, they would have been dismissed from the team immediately. I hope those kids learned something from what they got last night. Otherwise, the future is going to be very tough for a few of them…:thumb:

• Like 2