Giles @ Alcoa Rd 4

PtownCat

38 minutes ago, harley04 said:

Thats what most say who have never played them. but Alcoa will mercy rule every team in 3a. You included. Its not hype

Howdoithow is pretty smart when it comes to middle TN football programs. He stated way back before the season started, that Giles County would make to this game. 

The game will be close....1. Giles Co. Is a great team. 2....If Alcoa get up by 2 scores the coaches will pull key players to ensure they are available to play in the Championship game. No blowout or mercy rule game this Friday.

I’m sure Giles Co is a great 3a team but Alcoa would be a great 6a team. That’s the difference. Giles would have play their best with Alcoa playing their worst to have a chance. I don’t see it happening. Upperman was in the same position three years ago. We had a team that could have one the championship if not for Alcoa. It’s the nature of the beast.

7 minutes ago, Bobcat2013 said:

Upset alert!!!! It’s gonna be a barn burner in Alcoa. Giles won’t be intimidated by the word “Alcoa”. We’re use to fancy stadiums and winning and that’s what we plan on doing. 

It would be a sight to behold but I can’t even remember the last time Alcoa lost to a public school in the same classification as them and I have watched a lot of Tennessee football over the last 15 years.

Edited by crow6424

2 minutes ago, Bobcat2013 said:

Upset alert!!!! It’s gonna be a barn burner in Alcoa. Giles won’t be intimidated by the word “Alcoa”. We’re use to fancy stadiums and winning and that’s what we plan on doing. 

2 minutes ago, Bobcat2013 said:

Alcoa is a wonderful place to play. Loudon would have been mercy ruled by Alcoa and I think they have played them enough to understand that. Giles has enough speed at running back for Alcoa to be out of position and give up a big one or two. With this I see 42 - 14. This is one of the better Alcoa teams, in my opinion, then the last few years. 

• Like 1

I just read a couple of post and it's the same nearly every year on every Alcoa board. Why can't folks just except the fact about Alcoa.They are good, really good ,year after  year.Thats just a fact and I enjoy watching a winner like Alcoa. It's not their place to travel the world looking for teams that can beat them.They play where they are supposed to and it's the same size schools place to be good enough to compete with Alcoa.Hey,if you don't like getting beat by Alcoa,your school should move up or down and avoid them . If you lived on an Island and a Hurricane destroyed it every year,do you blame the weather or just move because you know that big storm is coming every year .Alcoa is the perfect storm and I can appreciate what they have.It's been extremely nice to just have a taste of that kind of success with my Devils and neighbors in Elizabethtown over the last several years and that makes me enjoy a program like Alcoa even more.So Alcoa,bring back another gold to East Tennessee  and Batman will send his yearly congratulations !

16 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I just read a couple of post and it's the same nearly every year on every Alcoa board. Why can't folks just except the fact about Alcoa.They are good, really good ,year after  year.Thats just a fact and I enjoy watching a winner like Alcoa. It's not their place to travel the world looking for teams that can beat them.They play where they are supposed to and it's the same size schools place to be good enough to compete with Alcoa.Hey,if you don't like getting beat by Alcoa,your school should move up or down and avoid them . If you lived on an Island and a Hurricane destroyed it every year,do you blame the weather or just move because you know that big storm is coming every year .Alcoa is the perfect storm and I can appreciate what they have.It's been extremely nice to just have a taste of that kind of success with my Devils and neighbors in Elizabethtown over the last several years and that makes me enjoy a program like Alcoa even more.So Alcoa,bring back another gold to East Tennessee  and Batman will send his yearly congratulations !

I like your post! Not sure why anyone (if they are) would avoid Alcoa to have a chance at a Gold Ball! To be the best you have to beat the best! If Alcoa makes it to Chattanooga (saying that because the game hasn't played yet) and a team beats them, that win will be so much sweeter for them! If Alcoa gets put out and the victorious team gets beat in the ship, then everyone would say "they would have lost if they played Alcoa" or "So and so who knocked Alcoa out of playoffs is the real champ". Point is, To be the best you have to beat the best. What goes up, must come down, period. It won't last forever. Much respect to Alcoa from this guy!! 

10 minutes ago, Chargercats said:

I like your post! Not sure why anyone (if they are) would avoid Alcoa to have a chance at a Gold Ball! To be the best you have to beat the best! If Alcoa makes it to Chattanooga (saying that because the game hasn't played yet) and a team beats them, that win will be so much sweeter for them! If Alcoa gets put out and the victorious team gets beat in the ship, then everyone would say "they would have lost if they played Alcoa" or "So and so who knocked Alcoa out of playoffs is the real champ". Point is, To be the best you have to beat the best. What goes up, must come down, period. It won't last forever. Much respect to Alcoa from this guy!! 

No doubt if a team beats Alcoa and it does happen ,then they deserve much respect and it would be something for that school to remember going through Alcoa for a championship.My point is to those that feel like it's unfair because Alcoa is so good and a huge mountain to climb.I use to not like Tom Brady but at some point you just have to have respect and except what a team or individual has accomplished.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

:thumb: Thanks!