Giles @ Alcoa Rd 4

PtownCat

42 minutes ago, CatDaddy1 said:

I am just glad that I have the opportunity to watch my son play on this thanksgiving weekend . There are not many parents (except for Alcoa lol) that get this chance . Most work their butts off all year and if they are lucky, make it to the playoffs . Whether we pull off the miracle and compete or get “boat raced” as so many of you have predicted, I will still be proud of my team . Go Bobcats !!!

Nothing like those Thursday night walk throughs on your home field on Turkey Day.  Remember that feeling and do everything you can to have another Thursday walk thru. GO CATS!!

1 hour ago, CatDaddy1 said:

I am just glad that I have the opportunity to watch my son play on this thanksgiving weekend . There are not many parents (except for Alcoa lol) that get this chance . Most work their butts off all year and if they are lucky, make it to the playoffs . Whether we pull off the miracle and compete or get “boat raced” as so many of you have predicted, I will still be proud of my team . Go Bobcats !!!

Great post. Best of luck and safe travel!

On 6/6/2021 at 5:49 PM, howdoitknow said:

Well let's take a look if we may and I'm sure you will have a different opinion when you see the numbers for yourself.  

Coach Rankin currently sits at 453 Overall Wins.  That's currently good enough for #11 all-time and #7 among head coaches who are still listed as active.

Last Year Coach Rankin moved past:

• John Herrington (MI) = 443 Wins
  • Jack Henzee (PA) = 444 Wins
  • Bill Castle (FL) = 450 Wins

The following coaches are no longer listed as 'active' and will probably also be passed by Gary Rankin by the end of 2021:

• George Curry (PA) = 455 Wins
  • Charles "Corky" Rogers (FL) = 466 Wins

If I were to guess I would say that Gary Rankin will probably end the 2021 High School Football Season as the #7 ranked winningest coach of all-time.  In 2022 he will keep moving forward and take over the #6 spot by the time that season is said and done.  Of course that's just a guess and I'm basing it on Alcoa's run of success that seems like it's never going to end.  

Now here is a look at the All-Time Winningest Coaches for your viewing pleasure:

• #1 John McKissick (SC) = 621 Wins
  • #2 J.T. Curtis (LA)* = 598 Wins
  • #3 Mike Smith (VA)* = 498 Wins
  • #4 Bob Hyland (WI)* = 482 Wins
  • #5 Phillip Danaher (TX)* = 480 Wins
  • #6 Larry Campbell (GA) = 477 Wins
  • #7 Charles "Corky" Rogers (FL) = 466 Wins
  • #8 Phillip Haywood (KY)* = 456 Wins
  • #8 Jim Roth (PA)* = 456 Wins
  • #10 George Curry (PA) = 455 Wins
  • #11 Gary Rankin (TN)* = 453 Wins
  • #12 Bill Castle (FL)* = 450 Wins

If the coach is listed in BOLD and has a * next to his name then he is still active as a head football coach.  

I posted this over the summer for all of you "Gary Rankin Haters" out there who like to throw shade at what he has done through the years.  If Alcoa wins the Class 3A State Championship this year Coach Rankin will end the year as the #8 winningest high school football coach of all-time.  

As Of This WeekInactive Coaches In BOLD

1.)  John McKissick 621 overall wins

2.)  J.T. Curtis got to 603 overall wins and John Curtis Christian, LA got beat in the 2nd Round of the State Playoffs by Jesuit by a score of 14-13.  

3.)  Mike Smith reached 506 overall wins and Hampton, VA finished at 8-2 overall as was defeated in the 2nd Round of the State Playoffs by Warhill by a score of 13-6.  

4.)  Bob Hyland reached 496 overall wins by adding 14 victories to his coaching mark this season and his St. Mary's Springs, WI team was beaten just this past week by Colby 22-7.  

5.)  Phillip Danaher reached 490 overall wins.  He is the all time winningest high school football coach in Texas history.  Calallen, TX was eliminated by Fredricksburg 14-10.  

6.)  Larry Campbell 477 overall wins

7.)  Jim Roth currently sits at 468 overall wins.  The Southern Columbia, PA Tigers currently sit at 12-1 on the season and play Richland Township tomorrow night in the state semifinals.  

8.)  Charles "Corky" Rogers 466 overall wins

9.)  Gary Rankin currently sits at 465 overall wins and his Alcoa, TN Tornadoes currently sit at 12-1 overall on the season.  Of course they host Giles County in the state semifinals tomorrow night.  

10.)  Phillip Haywood, Belfry KY High School coach, currently sits at 463 wins and has the Pirates sitting at 7-5 overall this season.  They play East Carter tomorrow night in the state semifinals of the state playoffs.

11.)  Bill Castle of Lakeland, FL reached 459 overall victories this season.  Two weeks ago the Lakeland Dreadnaughts ended their 2021 campaign at 9-2 with a 24-20 loss to Lake Gibson in the state playoffs.  

12.)  George Curry 455 overall wins

33 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

I posted this over the summer for all of you "Gary Rankin Haters" out there who like to throw shade at what he has done through the years.  If Alcoa wins the Class 3A State Championship this year Coach Rankin will end the year as the #8 winningest high school football coach of all-time.  

2.)  J.T. Curtis got to 603 overall wins and John Curtis Christian, LA got beat in the 2nd Round of the State Playoffs by Jesuit by a score of 14-13.  

3.)  Mike Smith reached 506 overall wins and Hampton, VA finished at 8-2 overall as was defeated in the 2nd Round of the State Playoffs by Warhill by a score of 13-6.  

4.)  Bob Hyland reached 496 overall wins by adding 14 victories to his coaching mark this season and his St. Mary's Springs, WI team was beaten just this past week by Colby 22-7.  

5.)  Phillip Danaher reached 490 overall wins.  He is the all time winningest high school football coach in Texas history.  Calallen, TX was eliminated by Fredricksburg 14-10.  

7.)  Jim Roth currently sits at 468 overall wins.  The Southern Columbia, PA Tigers currently sit at 12-1 on the season and play Richland Township tomorrow night in the state semifinals.  

9.)  Gary Rankin currently sits at 465 overall wins and his Alcoa, TN Tornadoes currently sit at 12-1 overall on the season.  Of course they host Giles County in the state semifinals tomorrow night.  

10.)  Phillip Haywood, Belfry KY High School coach, currently sits at 463 wins and has the Pirates sitting at 7-5 overall this season.  They play East Carter tomorrow night in the state semifinals of the state playoffs.

11.)  Bill Castle of Lakeland, FL reached 459 overall victories this season.  Two weeks ago the Lakeland Dreadnaughts ended their 2021 campaign at 9-2 with a 24-20 loss to Lake Gibson in the state playoffs.  

Well well....doesn’t ^THIS^ go against the recruiting and cheating narrative that outsiders have....B)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Probably one of the reasons Alcoa takes on 6A powerhouse Maryville every year as well as the best that will play them from all classes during the regular season. When the playoffs get here, the goal is gold.When Alcoa has the amount of  students to move up,they will.I understand what your saying but it's not Alcoa's job to find a place to lose more often but other schools their size job to get better. I've seen Alcoa have down years in the past and not win it all.Nobody cared then outside of Alcoa.Shoot,some folks in 4A or 5A would be crying foul if they moved up now and took someones playoff spot.Several years ago,one of my kids was batting and got under a baseball but it still went off the 350 fence .The coach of the 13 year old all-star team recruited him that night because he didn't think that was possible at that age and  it not even a solid hit.I told him my boys age and he said, I'm sorry he doesn't meet the age  requirements.I didn't see a big deal but apparently a year makes a difference . Anyway, Alcoa is playing where they are supposed to  because of their size.

Totally agree.  No argument with any of this. 

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Be interested at what level these coaches play.