Dyersburg @ East Nashville 3A Semi-Finals

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

15 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Your chances of GETTING TO PLAY FOR A GOLD BALL were better in 3A than 4A this year would be a more accurate statement FIREBIRD….Congrats on another good year tho. Hope we see you in 4A soon!:thumb:

I said this because Alcoa loss a lot from last years team. Let’s go back y’all were a totally different team when Covington played y’all vs when PC and Milan played y’all. Covington caught y’all when #1and co were FR and SO, so they were good players then but nothing like they were the last two years. Same thing this if you going to ever beat Alcoa this would be it. You only have one shot every 4 years in my opinion. But even in the one year it’s still a tall order for any team!!! 

8 hours ago, MonsterGreen44 said:

I seen both teams play East would of beat Pearl this year ... PC had 1 trick Pony and when he quit on them they couldn't do anything... EN defense is tough PC wouldn't run the ball on them . At the end of the day all their talent over the years and no rings . East will be the powerhouse in a couple years . 

I wouldn’t say that about us beating PC but with us making it to the state the tide  is turning. I wouldn’t be surprised if we win the freshman city championship next year. Also seen some of them PC kids leaving for Hillsboro. I guess they seeing the writing on the wall.

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

4ff88289-9961-425c-bd8b-2acbbe385d7e_1.2

I will say this. Lots of positives at East Nashville, but can we do something about the yellow box burgers in the concession stand. You know…. the burgers everybody’s big mama had deep in the freezer back in the day. Y’all can do better than this…

You petty for this one tho…lol

I haven't posted in yyyyyyyears, but I logon to just to take in some of the childish repartee; it is disappointing at times. As a person that does not, will not, shall not hide behind a keyboard, I will be transparent in saying that I am OE4L. As an East attendee, Stratford graduate, child of Pearl grads, supporter of MNPS, I find it saddddd to see Pearl and East supporters throwing genuine daggers at one another. We wonder why the kids act the way that they do???? Look at you! Certainly, there is room for "friendly" critique and banter, but disrespect serves no purpose. I witnessed the likes of Ty Baynham, Jubal Cooper, Thomas E. Mullins, Sandy McClain, Frog/Sadler, etc. There was TRUE school spirit (fights that went along with it after the games), but there was still support at the right time.  People supported East when they played in the state against Memphis Melrose or Chattanooga Howard. There was still support when Whites Creek played Memphis Fairley and/or Science Hill. There was support when Pearl (with Santonio and Big John) made their run; when Starling, Terry Reynolds, Slay made their bball run during those same years.  Lastly, as someone who is OE4L, I still rooted for PC last week when they faced Tullahoma. Ya'll have GOT to do better.....

As for East, good luck next week. I understand that Alcoa has experienced some success, but they are all between the ages of 15-18. 

As HOV says, nobody wins when the family feuds.......

Stratford in my heart, East is in my soul!!!

OE4L!!!!!

Edited by AT1911