Dyersburg @ East Nashville 3A Semi-Finals

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

50 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

I said this because Alcoa loss a lot from last years team. Let’s go back y’all were a totally different team when Covington played y’all vs when PC and Milan played y’all. Covington caught y’all when #1and co were FR and SO, so they were good players then but nothing like they were the last two years. Same thing this if you going to ever beat Alcoa this would be it. You only have one shot every 4 years in my opinion. But even in the one year it’s still a tall order for any team!!! 

I see your logic. However, our defense was/is not going to give up much more than 14 points to anyone in 3A/4A this year. In addition, our offense is much better this year than last. So, that’s why I say PC’s chances of PLAYING for a gold ball in 3A would have been better this year, not winning one. Just my honest opinion. No slight to PC…..

4 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I see your logic. However, our defense was/is not going to give up much more than 14 points to anyone in 3A/4A this year. In addition, our offense is much better this year than last. So, that’s why I say PC’s chances of PLAYING for a gold ball in 3A would have been better this year, not winning one. Just my honest opinion. No slight to PC…..

It wasn’t no shade my way either! I see your point also. Good luck to both team in championship game!!!

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

4ff88289-9961-425c-bd8b-2acbbe385d7e_1.2

I will say this. Lots of positives at East Nashville, but can we do something about the yellow box burgers in the concession stand. You know…. the burgers everybody’s big mama had deep in the freezer back in the day. Y’all can do better than this…

My god.... they suck . I'm glad I'm not the only one . I was about to tell them just give me the bun keep the burger 

9 hours ago, Marjon said:

back to back 3rd round exits times must be getting hard over there

You have to be a kid because an adult would know that East had never sniffed a 3rd round game before this year and only saw the 2nd round one other time. 

East overall record against Pearl is still 1- EVERY OTHER TIME.

Also as for the future, remind me the score of the Freshman City Championship game this year between PC and East. I'll wait.

57 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

You have to be a kid because an adult would know that East had never sniffed a 3rd round game before this year and only saw the 2nd round one other time. 

East overall record against Pearl is still 1- EVERY OTHER TIME.

Also as for the future, remind me the score of the Freshman City Championship game this year between PC and East. I'll wait.

Nobody cares about a darn freshman city championship. All those city championships have led to what. That PC and their fans problem they only want to be best in Nashville. The fact that people are on here talking about PC when east just made school history and is having an historic season is ridiculous. Give that staff and those players their credit. That staff as changed the culture at East and east as a bright future. If you want to talk about PC then start a PC thread. Everything always as to be a East Vs PC thing. Nobody cares about past years. It’s 2021 and East Nashville is in the state championship. You guys on here are something else

Edited by 0000
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 0000 said:

Nobody cares about a darn freshman city championship. All those city championships have led to what. That PC and their fans problem they only want to be best in Nashville. The fact that people are on here talking about PC when east just made school history and is having an historic season is ridiculous. Give that staff and those players their credit. That staff as changed the culture at East and east as a bright future. If you want to talk about PC then start a PC thread. Everything always as to be a East Vs PC thing. Nobody cares about past years. It’s 2021 and East Nashville is in the state championship. You guys on here are something else

Actually, champ I was merely responding to posts ON THIS THREAD that took shots at PC. Anybody that has only beaten a team one time EVER should not be throwing shots. Don't care if we are talking about yesterday, today or tomorrow. Not sure what you think the future comes from but it starts with the kids you have coming up through the ranks.

That being said I also have no problem saying  J. Stewart has done an excellent job at East. The talent has been there for awhile. They just needed to get someone in there that had a clue what to do with it. He brought some discipline and work ethic to the Eagles and it is showing.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

7 hours ago, 0000 said:

No it started after I said congratulations and lil east fans that I have never seen on here before (such as yourself) went crazy. What y’all are doing we’ve done 4 times already, won 2 loss 2 so that narrative that we only care about Nashville is a lie. The goal every year is to put that gold in trophy case. So don’t say people are talking about PC on here, they are just responding to y’all backlash about PC!!!

Edited by FIREBIRD80

Congrats to East, you have a good team and your front on both D and O is good.

Dyersburg, you had a great season, and the program is going in the right direction.  It all starts in middle school and this was one of those early teams to benefit from that coaching. Dyersburg has a lot of good teams coming up and look forward to seeing East again in the near future. 

Way too many fumbles and dropped passes….it was clear from the dropped pass that would be have been a TD and the first and goal at East 5 and no points, it was going to be a long night, but credit East for those stops. 

On a side note, East Coach was on that Pearl team that beat Dyersburg in the semis, who I recall beat Maryville in the championship game. 

Edited by mg

19 hours ago, mg said:

Congrats to East, you have a good team and your front on both D and O is good.

Dyersburg, you had a great season, and the program is going in the right direction.  It all starts in middle school and this was one of those early teams to benefit from that coaching. Dyersburg has a lot of good teams coming up and look forward to seeing East again in the near future. 

Way too many fumbles and dropped passes….it was clear from the dropped pass that would be have been a TD and the first and goal at East 5 and no points, it was going to be a long night, but credit East for those stops. 

On a side note, East Coach was on that Pearl team that beat Dyersburg in the semis, who I recall beat Maryville in the championship game. 

East coach played at Stratford, not Pearl.