Dyersburg @ East Nashville 3A Semi-Finals

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

32 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

An interesting fact, out of 340 teams that play high school football in TN, only 5 teams gave up fewer points than Dyersburg in the regular season. One of those teams was Riverdale who beat East Nashville this year. Dburg gave up 59pts in the regular season. Teams that gave up less than that were  Middle College, Marion Co, Meigs Co, Riverdale and Lausanne. All of those teams have been eliminated except Dburg. To go with the defense Dburg has averaged right at 40pts per game this year. And as someone already mentioned they have a great kicker. Dburg is solid in all phases of the game. Admittedly I know very little about East Nashville but it will take a very good team to beat Dyersburg. 

Look at who they played. How many teams on they schedule made the playoffs or past the first round. They played Memphis area teams and everyone knows Memphis football is weak this year. Dyersburg opponents overall record is 39-49 with half of those wins coming from munford and Covington 

Edited by 0000

14 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

According to the T, Dburg has a 21 in schedule strength while EN has a 14 schedule strength. Not that much of a difference in my opinion. FWIW the SOS for the burg would’ve been higher had Peabody not bailed on the contract. 

Nobody goes by coach T. Max prep SOS is more accurate. EN SOS is 3.4 which is 1st in 3A Dyersburg is -12.6

Edited by 0000

5 hours ago, 0000 said:

You just said EN is one dimensional and can’t win like that When Dyersburg is one dimensional as well so I guess they can’t win either. No team as stopped #1 from getting under 125 yards all season. Even one of the best defenses in the state in riverdale couldn’t so what makes you think the Trojans can. Dyersburg schedule is week. They haven’t played anyone but Covington all season. EN as stopped 2 mr football semifinalist 2 weeks in a row. I don’t believe they have given up a 100 yard rusher all season long. EN can pass the ball. I believe #3 as a TD every game this season. #5 as had a touchdown or 2 every game this postseason. EN by 14+

You said Dyersburg is one dimensional……yep!

https://fb.watch/9rBdzkCPKR/

34 minutes ago, 0000 said:

Nobody goes by coach T. Max prep SOS is more accurate. EN SOS is 3.4 which is 1st in 3A Dyersburg is -12.6

Both teams are talented no doubt…Dyersburg will def respect EN going into this game….you got here, so you must be pretty dang good. 

SOS does not predict which team has the advantage, just which team has played a more grueling schedule.

Just like these sites that have power ratings, which too can be misleading as the game is all about matchups. 

I will say this, Covington is one of the hardest teams (outside of Alcoa), to match up against…..they are strong on both sides of the ball, have a three headed beast with their offense, and one of the states best running backs.  The only team to shut them down has been Haywood, which has the athletes and depth.  They (Haywood) have the best defense in rural West Tn.

Cal Preps has the following rating

Dyersburg 23.2

EN 18.5

Score predictor has Dyersburg winning by 5.

Sonny Moore shows both at 125 power rating. 

Again, that from Sonny Moore and Cal Preps means nothing…..it is about the match ups, and which team executes.

Edited by mg

12 minutes ago, 0000 said:

That play action is stoppable. If DBs keep eyes out of backfield and play their keys none of that will happen. EN QB as over 1200 with 10+ TDs against real defenses

You don’t have to defend that pass, because you said Dyersburg was one dimensional