Semifinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

52 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

Not bitter are you.....lol  Powell let WAY OFF THE GAS at half on Rhea, actually don't even know if Powell even threw the ball in the second half.  Powell could of beet Rhea by as many as they wanted to.  When all the ones were in the game (1st half) Powell dominated Rhea, and in fact I don't believe Rhea even crossed the 50 in the first half.  You will see a completely different game plan from Powell than you did vs Rhea.  Either way I think it will be a great game.  I think it will be a 3 point game either way.   

Not bitter.  Last time I checked the defense of Powell wasn't scoring...  "calling off the dogs and letting off the gas."

I'm just calling it like I see it.  I never claimed that Rhea's defense was anything special... average high school team at best.  No question that Powell has an above average offense, and "let off the gas."  

I was wrong last week.

If I'm wrong this week ... I'll own it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ADS1 said:

Wow! You all must have watched a different Powell team than I did last Friday night...  Outside of Nolen, I didn't see anyone that stuck out as "exceptional" talent on their defense.  Don't get me wrong, they were good, but I just see West coming out of the blocks a lot stronger than Rhea did, and at least throwing the ball some, lol.  And from looking at what I have seen on West's defense, I do believe that they can cover anything that Powell's offense can throw at them.  I see West winning this one by 21.  35-14.  JMO

Rhea Co. scored 13. Rhea County averaged 35 on the year. Either Powell is good or Rhea Co got exposed when playing teams like Powell, Alcoa and Elizabethton.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Rhea Co. scored 13. Rhea County averaged 35 on the year. Either Powell is good or Rhea Co got exposed when playing teams like Powell, Alcoa and Elizabethton.  

Interesting.  

Facts in evidence always make more sense than emotional ramblings. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

And those 13 were "garbage time" TD.....lol When Powell's ones were in the whole first half, Rhea County never crossed the 50....lol 

HALFTIME STATS FOR RHEA COUNTY 21 total yards, 21 rushing yards, 0 passing yards, and 0/5 on 3rd down

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Probably not, but HC is white hot right now. Don't let the record fool you, they're playing very well and battle tested

You could be right and to be fair Ive not watched one down of HC football.Just hard to imagine them having anybody like those twins.Not only are the really good but play the most impactful positions in HS football.They also had some really good players they may not be d1 but are really good HS players.

• Like 1

I think this will be a great game. It is probably going to be the championship game.  However after watching both these teams on TV this year and seeing Knox West live last week, I am going with Knox West by 7. They have athletes that can cover Powell's receivers. I think that is the key to this game. Knox West is going to score points. They've scored over 100 in two games against a strong Central D. The key is Knox West defense getting pressure on Potts and forcing quick throws, pressures, or sacks while their athletes are in man coverage. 

10 minutes ago, BigRed88 said:

Most people are saying this is the "championship" game. In my best Lee Corso voice, "Not so fast my friend" :popcorneater:

By my count, two posters in this entire thread have dubbed this the championship game. There were also two posters (including yours truly) who stated that HC is the hottest team in 5A. There may have been one or two others that picked West or Powell to win it all. So I guess in today's social media-driven world, two posts qualifies as "most people" right?

No need to try and stir things up, Red. I'm sure there will be plenty of that when east meets west next week, and judging by some of the recent HC threads, I'm not exactly looking forward to that...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

By my count, two posters in this entire thread have dubbed this the championship game. There were also two posters (including yours truly) who stated that HC is the hottest team in 5A. There may have been one or two others that picked West or Powell to win it all. So I guess in today's social media-driven world, two posts qualifies as "most people" right?

No need to try and stir things up, Red. I'm sure there will be plenty of that when east meets west next week, and judging by some of the recent HC threads, I'm not exactly looking forward to that...

I’d love a rematch of Powell and HC ten years after their last state championship matchup, just not all the talking leading up to it lol

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

:ph34r:;)