Semifinals - Powell at West

WestHigh4Life

51 minutes ago, HTV said:

Yep.  That's how it went down.  About 8 minutes to go in the 4th.  

Amazing how folks want to build Powell up to be more than they are.  A really good team, yes, I just don't see them as this super defensive team.  I'm sincere in saying that I think that West will prove to be a better team than you all are implying.  I know that West is a better all around team than Rhea County (hard to admit about your own team).  And I think that they probably are 3 to 4 touchdowns better.  Put nine in the box against West and watch what happens.  Back to my original prediction, West by 21 points.  No skin off of y'alls back, it's my prediction.  I respect your predictions, lol.  You can laugh at mine.

As for Rhea, they moved the ball the whole second half (wish they would have made adjustments before halftime).  Just couldn't punch it in until about 5:30 left, about three or four plays after Walter went out unfortunately... In the 4th quarter, not at halftime, like your friends were saying.  So,  you might want to check on Powell's defense before Friday night.  IF the big guy goes down again, it will be a really long night for Powell. Don't blame his stinger on "chop" blocks either, lol.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ADS1 said:

Amazing how folks want to build Powell up to be more than they are.  A really good team, yes, I just don't see them as this super defensive team.  I'm sincere in saying that I think that West will prove to be a better team than you all are implying.  I know that West is a better all around team than Rhea County (hard to admit about your own team).  And I think that they probably are 3 to 4 touchdowns better.  Put nine in the box against West and watch what happens.  Back to my original prediction, West by 21 points.  No skin off of y'alls back, it's my prediction.  I respect your predictions, lol.  You can laugh at mine.

As for Rhea, they moved the ball the whole second half (wish they would have made adjustments before halftime).  Just couldn't punch it in until about 5:30 left, about three or four plays after Walter went out unfortunately... In the 4th quarter, not at halftime, like your friends were saying.  So,  you might want to check on Powell's defense before Friday night.  IF the big guy goes down again, it will be a really long night for Powell. Don't blame his stinger on "chop" blocks either, lol.  

What's funny is that you took my confirmation of the kid going out with a shoulder ding with about 8 minutes left and turned it in to a sour grapes rant.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, HTV said:

What's funny is that you took my confirmation of the kid going out with a shoulder ding with about 8 minutes left and turned it in to a sour grapes rant.  

HTV, Actually, I was using you as one who agreed with me, that the Powell defensive starters were not sitting on the bench the second half.  No sour grapes here, we (Rhea County) got our rears handed to us. We lost by 14, FACT.  

Why do some folks like to argue with you when you are trying to agree with them?  

- Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!  Enjoy the game (s).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ADS1 said:

Powell was up 27 before the first score by Rhea Co. in the 4th Qtr.  I don't know RC schedule but were you ever down 27 in any of the other games.? Don't believe anyone has built them up, if anything, people who have been around the program take the opposite approach knowing that Powell has a way of losing games in the playoffs. Usually it's the game like Rhea Co. that they lose, but this time they didn't. West no doubt has a good team and will be a tough match for Powell as they have athletes that can compete with Powell's. Both teams are familiar with each other and have a nice rivalry on and off the field. Should be a nice matchup. But a reminder to you, Powell was up 27 in the 4th before you scored when you want to say Powell isn't this or that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADS1 said:

HTV, Actually, I was using you as one who agreed with me, that the Powell defensive starters were not sitting on the bench the second half.  No sour grapes here, we (Rhea County) got our rears handed to us. We lost by 14, FACT.  

Why do some folks like to argue with you when you are trying to agree with them?  

Powell was mass substituting at that point and RC scored against backups, with just a few starters sprinkled in.  

Go back and watch it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ADS1 said:

The reason he argues is because you are questioning his “Almighty Powell Panthers”. You must have missed the memo, say ANYTHING about Powell and he’ll jump completely down your throat. It’s worse than Sinning. 

• Like 3