OFFICIATING

GREYRIDERx

I don't know that anybody from the previous thread was refuting there are bad referees and/or that there are bad and missed calls.  IMO, the conversation went off rails at the insinuation that referees are decidedly trying to sway or influence games one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JRB said:

I don't know that anybody from the previous thread was refuting there are bad referees and/or that there are bad and missed calls.  IMO, the conversation went off rails at the insinuation that referees are decidedly trying to sway or influence games one way or another.

Exactly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JRB said:

I wasnt insinuating I was stating it as an actual fact that I have witnessed over the years along with personally knowing individuals that do it for years. 
but this thread is not about that its about the selection process of the officiating crews for the TSSAA playoffs. 

I can't say exactly how they are chosen but I will give my experience.   Last six years I've run the scoreboard for Oakland.   During playoffs I don't recall ever having a crew from in region.   The only exception is the play clock operator.   The 25/40 second clock.  They always get a local official for that duty because officials aren't used during the regular season to run that clock in the pressbox.  Regular season I run the 25/40 clock but it's also kept on the field by one of the officials.  They obviously have final say on which is correct.   Our last home playoff game the crew was from Memphis and the play clock operator was a official that lives in Murfreesboro.   Game clock is always started and stopped by officials on the field.   I just set it up for them and they run it.