OFFICIATING

GREYRIDERx

27 minutes ago, strongx said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I am not for reviews. Players and coaches make more mistakes during a game than officials do. However, there could be some more accountability toward the officials who are either too afraid to make the call or make calls out a spite. It’s not always obvious, but often times it is.

I was a official for many years for high school football. I got out after a fan didn’t like a call and meet us as we came off the field and went a little to far with one of our crew members. Now you have this thru out the year with fans and players but not to the point this one went to. Your not going to make the right call every time or mess a call because the speed of the game along with a quick instinct of the game. In today world high school football has change a lot and a lot of guys getting out because they do it for the fun of Friday night football. But now what these guys make to do these games it is not worth all the headaches that come with it. These guys have days jobs and do this after they get off work. Now with that said you getting guys that really don’t understand the game or never played the game. 

26 minutes ago, rollnoles said:

I was a official for many years for high school football. I got out after a fan didn’t like a call and meet us as we came off the field and went a little to far with one of our crew members. Now you have this thru out the year with fans and players but not to the point this one went to. Your not going to make the right call every time or mess a call because the speed of the game along with a quick instinct of the game. In today world high school football has change a lot and a lot of guys getting out because they do it for the fun of Friday night football. But now what these guys make to do these games it is not worth all the headaches that come with it. These guys have days jobs and do this after they get off work. Now with that said you getting guys that really don’t understand the game or never played the game. 

Fans are fanatics and some take it way too far. Officials should not have thin skin during a competitive game, BUT there is no excuse for following an official after the game to harass him. IMO the ADs and site security can ensure this doesn’t happen. If you make an example of one or two of the fanatics, the others will likely file in line.

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Fans are fanatics and some take it way too far. Officials should not have thin skin during a competitive game, BUT there is no excuse for following an official after the game to harass him. IMO the ADs and site security can ensure this doesn’t happen. If you make an example of one or two of the fanatics, the others will likely file in line.

Good luck with that. Sounds good but believe me doesn’t happen. Today high school is not about the kids or the Friday environment anymore all about winning. Just read this post.

Edited by rollnoles