South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

33 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

The fact McKenzie beat Peabody is telling to me and should be to most that have kept up all year. Don’t get me wrong South Pitt is more impressive on offense than they have been in the past but their defense hasn’t seen another offense beside Oakland that’s close to what McKenzie is gonna have. Taylor is the best running back in 1A & 2A. Now I think South Pitt can play with them and make a game of it if offense plays well but after South Pitt’s D Line allegedly got abused Friday by Cloudland I have my doubts as to how good South Pitts D is. I was impressed by Pirates passing against Gordonsville but I recall being disappointed in what I saw defensively from #75 Davis kid. Maybe he is still hurt but I thought he was kinda timid and played soft. Barely even recognized him from last State game. Looked much smaller from what I remembered too. South Pitt is gonna need his best game of his career to have a shot and likely some turnovers as well to keep it close. I’m just keeping it real

75 has showed a few glimpses of what he can do but being injured just about all season can prevent a lot of strength and conditioning. Hard to just step on the field and be at what you were when you've not been able to put much work in.   I wouldn't say Sp line got abused Friday night. They definitely got a dose of reality but stepped up when they had too.  

5 hours ago, powerp said:

What makes McKenzie so tough is they can pass and run. We have athletes but we don’t have a Taylor. You can’t simulate 4.4. Ask teams in the past that tried to tackle Sam Pickett.

agreeded. Taylor is a special talent, he will get his yards however, but if I were on the DL, I would not want to be blocking #26!!! This cat will run thru you!! hits as hard as anybody for his size that I have ever seen personally..

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:53 AM, Butchie said:

I wanna wish both teams an exciting contest and a heart felt congratulations on representing your schools in this contest.

Man, it sure is great to see you posting.  I thought we’d lost you!  

As far as McKenzie, plain and simple they are a great team and quite possibly the best in 1A and 2A.  The RB is special and I see why he’s a D1 recruit.  We both run similar offensive schemes.  We both have really good RB’s and a QB.  For those asking you can also stream the game on the NFHS Network.  It’s already listed in upcoming events.  

I’ve been able to find some McKenzie footage. Wow…They are a great team. I’m all Pirate but would think McKenzie should be able to handle us. They could be the best team in 1-3A not named Alcoa. That has been proven the past several weeks. I expect them to pull away from us in the second half and win by 21-24. I sure hope I’m wrong though.  I know those kids will give it everything they’ve got though. 

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Man, it sure is great to see you posting.  I thought we’d lost you!  

As far as McKenzie, plain and simple they are a great team and quite possibly the best in 1A and 2A.  The RB is special and I see why he’s a D1 recruit.  We both run similar offensive schemes.  We both have really good RB’s and a QB.  For those asking you can also stream the game on the NFHS Network.  It’s already listed in upcoming events.  

PM this man posted on this website I created that Taylor boy can run 50 yard dash in 4.4 seconds.  He can play in the SEC if he can run that fast.  Im not joking either.

If both of these teams bring their A game Friday I see this game being very similar to the Mckenzie - Peabody game- very close high scoring game whomever wins the turn over battle will take the title. Also I guarantee you nobody in MCK10 is buying into this SPitt underdog propaganda nice try though.

7 hours ago, REBFAN07 said:

agreeded. Taylor is a special talent, he will get his yards however, but if I were on the DL, I would not want to be blocking #26!!! This cat will run thru you!! hits as hard as anybody for his size that I have ever seen personally..

I think Taylor is a better fit in the slot than at RB I felt watching that game vs City 26 was the better true RB. You put Taylor in the slot you cant load the box for one, two he can take the top off any coverage and hes out in space vs smaller guys which is a nightmare.