South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

On 12/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, TyroneBiggums said:

I might hurt some feelings when I say this but imo South Pitt had the teams in 19 & 20 to win it all but coaches inability to throw the ball and mix it up cost them. Predictable offenses don’t win championships. This team was night and day and the result was a Championship. I’m just keeping it real

Don’t worry, most of us “football” fans will (should) completely agree with that statement.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

4 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My question today is how does one get D1 offers?  Several young me from SP seem to have the same size if not bigger than other’s yet the D1 offers don’t seem to be trickling in.  Is there a political side to it?  It can be all about exposure.  Thanks in advance.  

The more I’ve dug into it, it is politics as well as high school GPA. A player could have terrible grades but be politically popular and get an offer. I think it is a crooked system myself. I can think of about four players on your team that deserve some more respect than they are getting. You can’t tell me that Deandre Kelly couldn’t have success at the D1 level.

Edited by TheCommander

21 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

My question today is how does one get D1 offers?  Several young me from SP seem to have the same size if not bigger than other’s yet the D1 offers don’t seem to be trickling in.  Is there a political side to it?  It can be all about exposure.  Thanks in advance.  

Camps, camps, and camps. I would say film next. Then they check your academics.  Size, speed, and measurable data a must or they won’t even speak. I won’t name names, but we have had players from the last few years team not get interest because no top end speed.

19 hours ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Check with CCT, he coordinates for the players to get looks, makes sure they have a good packet to share when they get a look, and they stay on track with grades. When he started the season he had two potentials. They now have three more, one received a look the night of the Oakland game when folks were there to see the Oakland WR. Afterwards called CCT to talk about one of his WRs.

Edited by CougarDadx2

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Check with CCT, he coordinates for the players to get looks, makes sure they have a good packet to share when they get a look, and they stay on track with grades. When he started the season he had two potentials. They now have three more, one received a look the night of the Oakland game when folks were there to see the Oakland WR. Afterwards called CCT to talk about one of his WRs.

What kind of mess is a CCT? This stone man and little grider man dont have CCT listed in my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not.

5 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

4 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is a CCT? This stone man and little grider man dont have CCT listed in my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not.

Yeah I’m not sure who CCT is.  You mean Coach Chandler Tygard??

Haven’t been on but really impressed by last Friday. What a game by SP in every area. I wasn’t expecting that outcome either but glad they proved people wrong. OMG… I saw the pre game speeches.  That stuff was real… I was ready to mash a face after those talks.  State Champions! Proud of the players and coaches for delivering us another title. For The P!

Edited by CaptainLongbeard