South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, TheSkipBayless said:

I got to take Mckenzie in this one they beat the two defending state champs to get here and both of those games were dog fights. They are def battle tested.  I think South Pitt has been phenomenal dealing with what they have been through this season having their coach quit on them. I think they have the speed to keep up with Mckenzie but they wont be physically capable of hanging around. If you want the recipe to stopping Mckenzie or Slowing them down then turn the Fayetteville tape on but South Pitt doesnt have those type of kids. Mckenzie really well coach they wont beat themselves. Mckenzie by 3 1/2 scores give me #11 for MVP. 

I'll take 2 SP's DT's over Fayteville's or McKenzie's any day of the week.

11 hours ago, rlh said:

1st, my response was to a Lake County poster.  Secondly, you ignored the point I made about classifications.  Lastly, Pirates don't roll over either.  They lost last year throwing into the end zone on the last play of the game and lost to UC the 1st time by a field goal with about 3 seconds on the clock.  This stuff about the Pirates getting blown out is the real B.S. because it hasn't happened since 1974 when Brentwood Academy did it.  The last time SP played McK you all were moving up and this time y'all moved down.  This Pirate bunch may get clobbered Friday, but they aren't afraid of playing anyone in Tennessee.

Note - Oakland, pretty much sums up rlh last sentence. Probably biggest loss (rlh will know) since the BA game long ago.

13 minutes ago, powerp said:

Poor Pirates.Just no chance for SP in this one. Is this the first title game where they have been this big of an underdog?

I can't think of another title game where they were bigger underdogs. Sp O-line will need to have the best game of their lives to give us a shot in this one.  Mckenzie would probably be representing the west in 2a and possibly 3a this year. They are very good at every position. 

12 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

The Davis kid is legit thats facts but you can scheme around him. South Pitts LB's, and Dbs better come ready and stay sound 

Then you have #57 running loose on you. Davis was out most of the season. 57 had to take up the slack during that time along with others on the D-Line.

24 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Note - Oakland, pretty much sums up rlh last sentence. Probably biggest loss (rlh will know) since the BA game long ago.

Oakland wasn't a state title game.  We got hammered by Cloudland in the 2001 semifinal game up there and by Gordy in the 1st round in 2006. That said, these guys calling for a blowout must think they can hang around with Oakland.

Edited by rlh

18 minutes ago, rlh said:

Oakland wasn't a state title game.  We got hammered by Cloudland in the 2001 semifinal game up there and by Gordy in the 1st round in 2006. That said, these guys calling for a blowout must think they can hang around with Oakland.

Nobody in the right mind thinks McKenzie can stay on the field with Oakland. I am sure Oakland could have beat So. Pittsburg as bad as they wanted too. I give So. Pittsburg all the credit in the world for scheduling that game. Imo McKenzie is at least 2 tds better than So. Pittsburg. In noway I'm am saying that So. Pittsburg cannot win this game but they will have to play a complete game and their best game.

3 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Nobody in the right mind thinks McKenzie can stay on the field with Oakland. I am sure Oakland could have beat So. Pittsburg as bad as they wanted too. I give So. Pittsburg all the credit in the world for scheduling that game. Imo McKenzie is at least 2 tds better than So. Pittsburg. In noway I'm am saying that So. Pittsburg cannot win this game but they will have to play a complete game and their best game.

I concur!

26 minutes ago, rlh said:

Come on man ain’t nobody staying that and if they are they are ludicrous!