South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

This Game will come down turnovers. If Spitt can NOT turn the ball over and stop Mckenzie for a couple drives we will be in it at the end. The Pirate offense will be fine. The Runningbacks speed may be the difference. 2 forced punts and no turnovers and it's a Game at the end. South Pitt 28 Mckenzie 27

Edited by Geno

5 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says # 75 has not stepped up his effort or play! Certainly he is better than others for the Pirates, But a real D1 prospect abilities hasn’t been shown upon return. Maybe this title game will raise the intensity & level fer all the Pirates. Pirate -1+

57 is by far the best D lineman we have in my opinion. 75 has the size but 57 is a better player because he plays with heart and a gritty attitude.

I see sp as 14 point underdogs in this race. Turnovers are going to be key. The pirates are gonna have to play 100% mistake free in this game to have a chance. I never thought I would see this team in the ship but they have overcame a lot of obstacles. One thing different about this team vs others in recent years is they play well together and have tons of heart. McKenzie has an excellent ball team and will next year as well. I think it will be a disappointment is McKenzie loses like sp last year. One thing I would love to see is our line block very well and someone cover 28 1on1. I haven’t seen it happen all year including Oakland. 

The fact McKenzie beat Peabody is telling to me and should be to most that have kept up all year. Don’t get me wrong South Pitt is more impressive on offense than they have been in the past but their defense hasn’t seen another offense beside Oakland that’s close to what McKenzie is gonna have. Taylor is the best running back in 1A & 2A. Now I think South Pitt can play with them and make a game of it if offense plays well but after South Pitt’s D Line allegedly got abused Friday by Cloudland I have my doubts as to how good South Pitts D is. I was impressed by Pirates passing against Gordonsville but I recall being disappointed in what I saw defensively from #75 Davis kid. Maybe he is still hurt but I thought he was kinda timid and played soft. Barely even recognized him from last State game. Looked much smaller from what I remembered too. South Pitt is gonna need his best game of his career to have a shot and likely some turnovers as well to keep it close. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums