South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, Rebels06 said:

No I'm not joking about anything I said.. Comer and these rebel boys got there mind where it needs to be. There will be enough mckenzie folks coming today and tomorrow to keep them girls whooped off these rebel studs.. chattanooga here we come. 

GO REBELS!!! 

Prayers for everyone making the trip today..  see you there 

Safe travels to all McKenzie folks. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, powerp said:

One last one for @Southtowner

Mother,

It’s quickly approaching. Friday is our day. Our coaches have the opportunity to lead our men as we seek to take Chattanooga. We have suffered three straight heartbreaking defeats in the battle for it all since our last victory. Victory? Yes, we have new co-captains to replace Captain Victory this go around. We’re hoping for better results. It’s our players job to be the stopper of this dreaded streak. Keep an eye out for further correspondence. One thing is certain, we will fight!

Love, PowerP

GO PIRATES!!!

Final post on the T until after the game tomorrow.

1. Job well done to both teams for being the last two remaining. Gold or silver aside, a ton of teams would gladly trade places with you.

2. For the Pirates, they will give it all they have tomorrow. I think Coach Comer will take Fayetteville’s approach to last years game and stop the two big players for SP on offense in Kelly and Hunter. Last year, SP panicked and did not adjust to what the game was giving them. For SP to be competitive in the game, Cash, Mount, and even Jackson will have to step up and make plays to take pressure off the key guys. In 07, Robert Robinson had all the attention, but it wasn’t until late in the second quarter he started busting loose. Why? That’s because Montrell Mitchell, David Jones, and Rashawn Weatherspoon took the spotlight off of him. SP will need to do the same tomorrow.

3. I think Mckenzie has an advantage at every single position. Typically, SP can out athlete teams. That’s how they came back and won last week. However, McKenzie has more athletes than the Pirates. The most concerning is their line of scrimmage. They are dominant on that side of the ball and no offense to our guys but I don’t think we can hold up. Talent usually wins out.

Another silver in the trophy room but nothing to be ashamed about after a crazy season. I think a one td game at half turns closer to a 21 point final victory for the Rebs. Hope I’m wrong. Go Pirates!

27 minutes ago, powerp said:

1. Job well done to both teams for being the last two remaining. Gold or silver aside, a ton of teams would gladly trade places with you.

2. For the Pirates, they will give it all they have tomorrow. I think Coach Comer will take Fayetteville’s approach to last years game and stop the two big players for SP on offense in Kelly and Hunter. Last year, SP panicked and did not adjust to what the game was giving them. For SP to be competitive in the game, Cash, Mount, and even Jackson will have to step up and make plays to take pressure off the key guys. In 07, Robert Robinson had all the attention, but it wasn’t until late in the second quarter he started busting loose. Why? That’s because Montrell Mitchell, David Jones, and Rashawn Weatherspoon took the spotlight off of him. SP will need to do the same tomorrow.

3. I think Mckenzie has an advantage at every single position. Typically, SP can out athlete teams. That’s how they came back and won last week. However, McKenzie has more athletes than the Pirates. The most concerning is their line of scrimmage. They are dominant on that side of the ball and no offense to our guys but I don’t think we can hold up. Talent usually wins out.

Another silver in the trophy room but nothing to be ashamed about after a crazy season. I think a one td game at half turns closer to a 21 point final victory for the Rebs. Hope I’m wrong. Go Pirates!

I agree with you on McKenzie being more talented I just have a gut feeling we will shock the state and win. 

7 hours ago, powerp said:

I think McKenzie will certainly be tough, but I think the Pirates will put up a fight in Chattanooga especially after the heartbreaker last year. Pirates flip the script this year and they get the upset win.

Edited by TheCommander