South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

On 12/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, TyroneBiggums said:

I might hurt some feelings when I say this but imo South Pitt had the teams in 19 & 20 to win it all but coaches inability to throw the ball and mix it up cost them. Predictable offenses don’t win championships. This team was night and day and the result was a Championship. I’m just keeping it real

2019 Lake Co was too dominant.Anyone watched that game knows the score was much closer than the game.Touchdown called back.Close to goal line,penalties.Seemed like officials were pulling against LC.Stat wise,LC was more than double on the Stat sheet.And LC was huge.Even qb was a load.And believe it or not,the biggest player was dismissed from that team at beginning of season after starting 3 years.So no way in 2019.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

2019 Lake Co was too dominant.Anyone watched that game knows the score was much closer than the game.Touchdown called back.Close to goal line,penalties.Seemed like officials were pulling against LC.Stat wise,LC was more than double on the Stat sheet.And LC was huge.Even qb was a load.And believe it or not,the biggest player was dismissed from that team at beginning of season after starting 3 years.So no way in 2019.

Yeah, I thought we had the team to win it all in 2019 as well. Even if we had made it there was no one stopping that machine you guys had.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Pitt would have matched up better against you guys than Greenback did and Willis didn’t play 2nd half. Would they have won maybe not but if anyone had the team to beat LC it was them. I’m just keeping it real

8 hours ago, mrbigster said:

SP has an average of 2 tds called back in important games.

12 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Pitt would have matched up better against you guys than Greenback did and Willis didn’t play 2nd half. Would they have won maybe not but if anyone had the team to beat LC it was them. I’m just keeping it real

LC had 20 first downs to 9..Ran 72 plays for 535 yards.Greenback ran 39 total plays for 239 yards.LC had 269 rushing yards to 39 yards.But LC also lost starting running back Larry Tubbs the entire second half with cracked ribs.Anyone watched that game knows LC dominated ,should have been 45 points scored.one called back .Game shouldn't have been as close as it was.Just keeping it real.

Edited by mrbigster

7 hours ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Sounds like Lake County was the best team ever. I remember that game. It was a pretty good ball game. Got out of hand late. 

No not the best ever,Dresden in 16 and Nashville Christian in 15 were better BUT we did play them better than anyone else in 1A  did that year and led for a good while and lost the best player in 1A for the whole second half.Regardless what ANYONE says it was a ball game going into the 4th whether the refs cheated them or not:shock:.That's all you can ask for!If Willis didnt drop that first pass where he ran past all the Falcons who knows what might have happened,that's a pass he never dropped but he did that day.LC was the better team no doubt big,strong and fast.Hope all have a great offseason cant wait for the start of the next one.

Edited by orngnblk

32 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

No not the best ever,Dresden in 16 and Nashville Christian in 15 were better BUT we did play them better than anyone else in 1A  did that year and led for a good while and lost the best player in 1A for the whole second half.Regardless what ANYONE says it was a ball game going into the 4th whether the refs cheated them or not:shock:.That's all you can ask for!If Willis didnt drop that first pass where he ran past all the Falcons who knows what might have happened,that's a pass he never dropped but he did that day.LC was the better team no doubt big,strong and fast.Hope all have a great offseason cant wait for the start of the next one.

If it “should’ve been worse” then the scoreboard would’ve said so. We all love stats but they only record one stat in the win/loss column. You know my thoughts, game was as close as the score says. The “shoulda been/coulda been this bad” stuff is hilarious to me. I mean good grief, we could’ve hung a hundred on y’all that year if y’all wouldn’t have kept tackling us when we were on offense :roflol:

And I agree, you throw that ball to Willis 1,000 more times and he catches them all but that one he didn’t. When I saw that drop I thought today isn’t the day for GB. Great year though. BTW still watching Willis doing it, just on Saturday now, he even put in some work against a BCS playoff team in Cincinnati! Heck of a player and great young man and family. 

Edited by crow

12 minutes ago, crow said:

If it “should’ve been worse” then the scoreboard would’ve said so. We all love stats but they only record one stat in the win/loss column. You know my thoughts, game was as close as the score says. The “shoulda been/coulda been this bad” stuff is hilarious to me. I mean good grief, we could’ve hung a hundred on y’all that year if y’all wouldn’t have kept tackling us when we were on offense :roflol:

And I agree, you throw that ball to Willis 1,000 more times and he catches them all but that one he didn’t. When I saw that drop I thought today isn’t the day for GB. Great year though. BTW still watching Willis doing it, just on Saturday now, he even put in some work against a BCS playoff team in Cincinnati! Heck of a player and great young man and family. 

He was and is fun to watch except for opposing teams.lol!Thank brother!

9 hours ago, orngnblk said:

SP 07 team weren't to bad!

And don't forget there use to be just 3 classes.No one on here knows who the best team was. 

Edited by team69