Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

7 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

I believe this is closer than the experts believe. The Wade Twins make this game memorable. Good luck to both teams.....this will be the best game of the weekend.

While the Wade twins make this a good game to watch, I look back at Lipscomb /Oakland game and have to ask, where you had really big threats at the RB and QB positions and great coaches on either sideline, what was the real difference?,

After watching the Pats/REB games I watched the Hendersonville Summit match up and saw Hendersonville's run game have pretty good success. Although they couldn't punch it in and made several mistakes, they moved the ball effectively. I think both teams can match athlete for athlete to some degree, and that where it gets out of hand a little bit.  Oakland has been pressed by Madison Ridge Academy  (Mississippi state Champs) CPA, Lipscomb and now Maryville, and found ways to grind out a win. Summit hasn't faced a team that could field as many athletes as they have, but they will when they meet Oakland. 

The other aspect to look at is that defensive side of the ball. Oakland is so quick to the ball and will give Wade more looks than he is used to with a new wrinkle every other play. If you watched many games that Oakland has played the d-coordinator keeps you guessing who's coming and when. This should be a whale of a game. I'll hold my picks until I know who is healthy for the Patriots. 

• Like 1

Considering how well Hendersonville ran their Wing-T, I believe Oakland has better athletes and will run it even better, I am interested to how the Wade twins do against the Oakland defense, and although I see some, I dont see near the success they have had against everyone else. It will be a fun game to watch and close for maybe a half, I got Oakland by 3 scores, more if Summit turns the ball over...