Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

I would be very surprised if this game is lopsided. Oakland has played a brutal schedule, but Summit played in a very tough region, maybe the toughest public school region in the state. 

Both teams have several ways they can hurt you on offense. The difference in the game will be who makes the best adjustments at halftime

12 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I would be very surprised if this game is lopsided. Oakland has played a brutal schedule, but Summit played in a very tough region, maybe the toughest public school region in the state. 

Both teams have several ways they can hurt you on offense. The difference in the game will be who makes the best adjustments at halftime

Both seem to be really good second half teams. 

Edited by JRB
typo

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

True, although it does seem like Summit has been kind of slow out of the gate in a few games in the playoffs

I was flipping back and forth between the two 6A games so did not watch 100% of either. Very impressed that Oakland held Maryville to 17 second half yards.  Was surprised how easily Hendersonville ran the ball on Summit.  The difference was Summit was able turn yards into scores whereas HHS could not.

1 minute ago, JRB said:

I was flipping back and forth between the two 6A games so did not watch 100% of either. Very impressed that Oakland held Maryville to 17 second half yards.  Was surprised how easily Hendersonville ran the ball on Summit.  The difference was Summit was able turn yards into scores whereas HHS could not.

Wing-T is a nightmare to prepare for in just 1 week when nobody on your schedule runs it. Playing Hendersonville will def help, but Oakland is more of a hybrid look

39 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Summit is the best team Oakland will have played this postseason. This is the "True" Championship game for those who want to say otherwise.

Buck's recruits and the RC All-Stars have played a much more difficult schedule than Summit. I am aware of the twins but there is no way Summit stays with in 10 points.

The Wade brothers are certainly a force to be reckoned with and Summit has a good playmaker in #13 the receiver but it won't be enough.   Oakland is just too good and has proven that time and again with the schedule they played this year.   The only top tier program Oakland hasn't beaten this year is Alcoa but only because we didn't play them.   Summit is good.   But not good enough for what's coming.   

Following both Summit and Oakland all year I think Summit poses a bigger threat then lead on. Oakland has struggled with teams that have a physical O line and A Mobile Quarterback who can throw the ball well. That was proven against Lipscomb, CPA, and honestly Maryville. (And Lipscomb was the only team I saw where I thought they had better athletes, Oakland was just able to pull it out like good teams do)  Summit Seems to rival CPA more as far as a match up for Oakland. Summit’s not quite as Physical, but they have an Athletic and Physical QB along with another SEC athlete in the backfield  and a heck of a ball player in #13 on both sides of the ball.  I see this being a back and forth game and if Summit can limit the mistakes they can really give Oakland a scare. Oakland 35-28. 

10 hours ago, Meat99 said:

Following both Summit and Oakland all year I think Summit poses a bigger threat then lead on. Oakland has struggled with teams that have a physical O line and A Mobile Quarterback who can throw the ball well. That was proven against Lipscomb, CPA, and honestly Maryville. (And Lipscomb was the only team I saw where I thought they had better athletes, Oakland was just able to pull it out like good teams do)  Summit Seems to rival CPA more as far as a match up for Oakland. Summit’s not quite as Physical, but they have an Athletic and Physical QB along with another SEC athlete in the backfield  and a heck of a ball player in #13 on both sides of the ball.  I see this being a back and forth game and if Summit can limit the mistakes they can really give Oakland a scare. Oakland 35-28. 

I don’t see that Summit has played the kind of schedule that Oakland has this year, but I do think this game could go either way.