Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

On 11/26/2021 at 11:32 PM, kingofthenorth said:

I believe this is closer than the experts believe. The Wade Twins make this game memorable. Good luck to both teams.....this will be the best game of the weekend.

Not even close, this game is the best game of the weekend, and could possibly be the best game the state of Tennessee has displayed in several years as far as next level talent goes, I lean Oakland because Creasy normally has the right couple tweaks in big games to win them, Oakland 35-28

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 7:38 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Wing-T is a nightmare to prepare for in just 1 week when nobody on your schedule runs it. Playing Hendersonville will def help, but Oakland is more of a hybrid look

Hville is more of a traditional look, as you mention Creasy has a more hybrid look and is very flexible about running basically the same play out of different looks, can be very confusing if defenders are staring down their queue players. 

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

Hville is more of a traditional look, as you mention Creasy has a more hybrid look and is very flexible about running basically the same play out of different looks, can be very confusing if defenders are staring down their queue players. 

True, which I think I mention somewhere else. I get a feeling Oakland is going to air it out a little bit more this week. Hewitt hasn't had to sling it alot in the playoffs but he's been on the money when he's been asked to

25 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

True, which I think I mention somewhere else. I get a feeling Oakland is going to air it out a little bit more this week. Hewitt hasn't had to sling it alot in the playoffs but he's been on the money when he's been asked to

I really don't see Oakland throwing any more this week than lately.  They will dance with the one that brought them.  Jordan James and Antonio Patterson will continue to eat the field and the clock.  Best way to keep Wade Bros. Inc. out of the endzone is to keep them off the field as long as possible.  Oakland ground game does that.  

Hewitt has shown a lot of progress as the season has played out and can certainly get the ball to receivers when needed but Oakland should have good success running so no real need to change.  

35 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

For sure being able to throw the ball almost as well as they run it is oaklands biggest asset, the 3rd and like 25 completion to Horton last week in the 1st half was huge 

6 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I really don't see Oakland throwing any more this week than lately.  They will dance with the one that brought them.  Jordan James and Antonio Patterson will continue to eat the field and the clock.  Best way to keep Wade Bros. Inc. out of the endzone is to keep them off the field as long as possible.  Oakland ground game does that.  

Hewitt has shown a lot of progress as the season has played out and can certainly get the ball to receivers when needed but Oakland should have good success running so no real need to change.  

Summit is going to attempt to do the same and if they come out hot, Oakland might have to. I'm not saying Oakland will throw the ball all over the place, but I'm sure Summit will probably show Oakland a look that haven't seen or might not have expected. James and Patterson are options whether by ground or air. Horton and Khalil James ain't exactly chopped liver

8 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

For sure being able to throw the ball almost as well as they run it is oaklands biggest asset, the 3rd and like 25 completion to Horton last week in the 1st half was huge 

There are a lot of great TB's in this state, but when you have a great WR, that's an advantage 99.9% of the teams in this state don't have. Horton has a pretty fair arm as well

• Upvote 1

This one should be very exciting to watch. The Wade twins are ballers, and hopefully have a bright future ahead of them. But after watching how Oakland can score at will and then slow the game down and really lean on the other team (like they did with blount co all-starts *cough*cough Maryville, last week). I see Oakland by 10. 

I have seen the Wade teams very often here in Wilco over the last few years.  The whole team has played together for 3 years and they are a close knit bunch.  I think that this game will be a close one, especially if Oakland has a just beat Maryville hangover.  CPA gave Oakland fits with their QB/RB and I would say that the Wade Twins are equally as good or better.  Should be a classic!

Edited by JArrington

Two very good offensive teams but Oakland is much better on defense. Hendersonville ran the ball very well against Summit but struggled inside the 30, could not punch it in. The adjustments that Oakland will make at halftime will make the difference. Oakland by at least 10. Lots of speed on Oaklands D, they do not give up big plays. Ask Hendersonville who they think will win, I think I know their answer.

12 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Not even close, this game is the best game of the weekend, and could possibly be the best game the state of Tennessee has displayed in several years as far as next level talent goes, I lean Oakland because Creasy normally has the right couple tweaks in big games to win them, Oakland 35-28

I agree with some of your post. I however lean with Oakland because they have recruited better players than what Summit has. Lots better and they continue to do it. I still say Oakland by 28.

9 hours ago, JArrington said:

I have seen the Wade teams very often here in Wilco over the last few years.  The whole team has played together for 3 years and they are a close knit bunch.  I think that this game will be a close one, especially if Oakland has a just beat Maryville hangover.  CPA gave Oakland fits with their QB/RB and I would say that the Wade Twins are equally as good or better.  Should be a classic!

Summit may beat Oakland, but it won't be because of a post-Maryville hangover. They came out of the gates pretty strong against Brentwood last year. It'll be interesting to see if they can do the same with Summit