Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

On offense Oakland has 2 stud running backs,A quarterback that can throw,A receiver that is a stud and a good Offensive line. Against Maryville they executed very well. No turnovers.  Oakland is hard to stop.

On defense Oakland has a ton of speed. I have watched Maryville vs Oakland over the years. Scoring against them is hard. Maryville averaged almost 40 points a game this season. Oakland held Maryville to 14 points and 170yds of offense. Destin Wade has never seen a defense like Oakland.

18 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

On offense Oakland has 2 stud running backs,A quarterback that can throw,A receiver that is a stud and a good Offensive line. Against Maryville they executed very well. No turnovers.  Oakland is hard to stop.

On defense Oakland has a ton of speed. I have watched Maryville vs Oakland over the years. Scoring against them is hard. Maryville averaged almost 40 points a game this season. Oakland held Maryville to 14 points and 170yds of offense. Destin Wade has never seen a defense like Oakland.

Don't forget the refs held us to another 14 points also.

12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Don't forget the refs held us to another 14 points also.

I will admit there were some calls against Maryville. Isiah Horton should have been thrown out for throwing a punch. Carson Jones fumble wasn't a fumble. Jordan James tried to jump over a Maryville player which should have been a penalty. DJ Burks was held on Oakland's 1st TD. Maryville also got away with a facemask on Jordan James.  Bottom line is in the 2nd half Maryville could not stop Oakland from running it down their throat. Oakland shut down Maryville's offense the 2nd half.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Exactly.   They will continue their smashmouth football.   The Wade brothers are great athletes.   Oakland has seen plenty big time D1 athletes this year from plenty of teams and they even have a few of their own.  How many points did Hendersonville defense give up to Summit?  Oaklands defense is much better.   Oaklands offense?  Clicking on all cylinders.  

Summit is a very good team,no doubt and can play with probably anyone in the state.  But they ain't beating Oakland. 

Statements like this make me want to bring up in 2016. That same team had alot of the same things going for them that this one does. This game is far from a guarantee. When you play a team that runs the ball as well as Summit does, it just takes one turnover to tip the scales in their favor, much like it did for Oakland last week

29 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Statements like this make me want to bring up in 2016. That same team had alot of the same things going for them that this one does. This game is far from a guarantee. When you play a team that runs the ball as well as Summit does, it just takes one turnover to tip the scales in their favor, much like it did for Oakland last week

I remember that game quite well.   I was there in the cold wet stands.   Jacoby Stevens was a force to be reckoned with but he didn't quite have the supporting cast this team does and he was primarily a defensive player that also made SOME plays on offense.   Offensively this year's team is head and shoulders above that team in my opinion.   

Can Summit win?  Absolutely.   Highly unlikely in my opinion though.   

1 hour ago, REBELRON said:

I will admit there were some calls against Maryville. Isiah Horton should have been thrown out for throwing a punch. Carson Jones fumble wasn't a fumble. Jordan James tried to jump over a Maryville player which should have been a penalty. DJ Burks was held on Oakland's 1st TD. Maryville also got away with a facemask on Jordan James.  Bottom line is in the 2nd half Maryville could not stop Oakland from running it down their throat. Oakland shut down Maryville's offense the 2nd half.

Very well put.  When Oakland has a loss.   I always say we had our chances.  

As much as has been said about the twins, I truly believe they will be significantly limited. Here is why. They have not really against a played a heavy dose of wing -t. Oakland offense will run the ball all day and be ok picking up 3-4yards per play. They will chew the clock up on the offensive side of the ball and stimey Summit wit so many different looks in blitz packages that it will keep them guessing thus even with making adjustments the lack of time possession will make it almost impossible to be a huge threat. I think the play calling will look a lot like it did against Maryville. The wonder twins/ super duo whatever they want to be called this week just wont have enough time with the ball to do a lot of damage, and while they played some good defenses, I don't think there is anybody as fast to the ball as Oakland. I look for a slobber knocker early on, but like most good championship fights there are usually 2 or 3 punches that end up knocking that taste of  "want to" right out of your mouth. I am going to say Oakland by 17 . I'll be the first on here with plate in hand should I have to comeback and eat crow..... come to think of it , it probably taste better than saying anything good about Oakland..........Bleeeeeahhhh:roll: