Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

21 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

As much as has been said about the twins, I truly believe they will be significantly limited. Here is why. They have not really against a played a heavy dose of wing -t. Oakland offense will run the ball all day and be ok picking up 3-4yards per play. They will chew the clock up on the offensive side of the ball and stimey Summit wit so many different looks in blitz packages that it will keep them guessing thus even with making adjustments the lack of time possession will make it almost impossible to be a huge threat. I think the play calling will look a lot like it did against Maryville. The wonder twins/ super duo whatever they want to be called this week just wont have enough time with the ball to do a lot of damage, and while they played some good defenses, I don't think there is anybody as fast to the ball as Oakland. I look for a slobber knocker early on, but like most good championship fights there are usually 2 or 3 punches that end up knocking that taste of  "want to" right out of your mouth. I am going to say Oakland by 17 . I'll be the first on here with plate in hand should I have to comeback and eat crow..... come to think of it , it probably taste better than saying anything good about Oakland..........Bleeeeeahhhh:roll:

Pretty sure they can call themselves whatever they want after what they did to the ol Blaze.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, REBELRON said:

I will admit there were some calls against Maryville. Isiah Horton should have been thrown out for throwing a punch. Carson Jones fumble wasn't a fumble. Jordan James tried to jump over a Maryville player which should have been a penalty. DJ Burks was held on Oakland's 1st TD. Maryville also got away with a facemask on Jordan James.  Bottom line is in the 2nd half Maryville could not stop Oakland from running it down their throat. Oakland shut down Maryville's offense the 2nd half.

For the love of Pete, someone from Maryville complaining about officiating AT home. If not for your homers calling the game Oakland could have been in a couple more final games. You got a butt kicking so man up and take it ! 

6 hours ago, watermaker said:

For the love of Pete, someone from Maryville complaining about officiating AT home. If not for your homers calling the game Oakland could have been in a couple more final games. You got a butt kicking so man up and take it ! 

You didn't read my post at all. Where did I blame officiating for this loss?

9 hours ago, TightRip58BlackO said:

Pretty sure they can call themselves whatever they want after what they did to the ol Blaze.

Oh golly gee Wally, that's a real snappy come back and all, but those Summit fellas were not the only team to beat Blackman, and who knows maybe the Ol Blaze be better next year. And a little bit of information you might find useful, I have said in previous threads to the Maryville game that I would like to see Oakland and Summit match up in the finals. That said Summit as good as they are, have not played a team that will get after them like Oakland is about to. They also haven't played a team with the depth that Oakland has. This will be a good test for Kentucky to see what they are getting because it will put the weight of the team and this game on the dynamic duo.