Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

I can at least say my team lost to the State Champs. Oakland running game is awesome. Maryville has went up against great backs like Leroy Thompson,Travis Cozart,Dante Hickey and Gerald Riggs. I believe Jordan James is better than all those guys. Plus Oakland has another stud in Antonio Patterson. 

Summit may have lost the game but they play hard. Wade twins are awesome. 

13 minutes ago, theawesomebro said:

they definitely proved it.  they beat multiple defending state champs this year.

They certainly did, there wasn't any team in our state that played a tougher schedule than what Oakland did. They mercy ruled the 1A state champion, they beat both the Division 2 AA state champ and runner up. They also beat the Mississippi 6A state champion. In the semi finals they traveled to Maryville and ended their 22 year home playoff winning streak. Finally tonight beating a defending state champion Summitt team.  There is not another Tennessee high school football team in one year that has accomplished all that in one season. Hats off to you all. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2021 at 9:59 AM, ttitan27 said:

The Wade brothers are certainly a force to be reckoned with and Summit has a good playmaker in #13 the receiver but it won't be enough.   Oakland is just too good and has proven that time and again with the schedule they played this year.   The only top tier program Oakland hasn't beaten this year is Alcoa but only because we didn't play them.   Summit is good.   But not good enough for what's coming.   

McCallie as well.....

• Like 1

Back2Back! Hats off to Summit for showing alot of fight despite trailing by multiple scores most of the evening. Destin Wade is one heckuva talent; there were several times I thought Oakland had him wrapped up only for him to do his best Steve McNair impersonation.

Defensively, I thought Oakland did about as good of a job as you can reasonably expect. Wade got his yards but he had to work for every single one. Forcing Summit to turn it over on downs only up 10 swung the momentum back in their direction.

Offensively, Oakland just did what they've done all season long. Jordan James was the man and Antonio Patterson once again gave Oakland that 1-2 punch.

I can't say enough good things about Patterson. Alot of kids in his position probably would have transferred out with a big talent like James transferring in, but he did whatever was asked of him and even played defense this year, I wish Oakland could have a whole team of kids like him.

The big unknown for Oakland coming into the season was going to be what did they have at QB. Kade Hewitt got better game by game and was never asked to put the team on his shoulders, but when they needed him to make plays he was money.

I've watched Oakland Football for 30 years and I might never see a team as special as the one I've had the pleasure of watching the last 2 seasons. They'll be in the history books as one of the best. GO PATS!IMG_20211204_204458.thumb.jpg.33c5a468ed348267fa23854639f7a0fb.jpg

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Back2Back! Hats off to Summit for showing alot of fight despite trailing by multiple scores most of the evening. Destin Wade is one heckuva talent; there were several times I thought Oakland had him wrapped up only for him to do his best Steve McNair impersonation.

Defensively, I thought Oakland did about as good of a job as you can reasonably expect. Wade got his yards but he had to work for every single one. Forcing Summit to turn it over on downs only up 10 swung the momentum back in their direction.

Offensively, Oakland just did what they've done all season long. Jordan James was the man and Antonio Patterson once again gave Oakland that 1-2 punch.

I can't say enough good things about Patterson. Alot of kids in his position probably would have transferred out with a big talent like James transferring in, but he did whatever was asked of him and even played defense this year, I wish Oakland could have a whole team of kids like him.

The big unknown for Oakland coming into the season was going to be what did they have at QB. Kade Hewitt got better game by game and was never asked to put the team on his shoulders, but when they needed him to make plays he was money.

I've watched Oakland Football for 30 years and I might never see a team as special as the one I've had the pleasure of watching the last 2 seasons. They'll be in the history books as one of the best. GO PATS!IMG_20211204_204458.thumb.jpg.33c5a468ed348267fa23854639f7a0fb.jpg

Do you expect a 3-peat next year?  If not, who all do you guys lose off of this year's team?

Congrats on the W!

2 minutes ago, TinPigskin said:

Do you expect a 3-peat next year?  If not, who all do you guys lose off of this year's team?

Congrats on the W!

Not going to put anything past this team, but we lose Horton, Patterson and James on offense. Gaines, McLaurin, King and others on defense.

Hewitt, Khalil James and most of the OL come back while about half of the starters come back on defense. Could Oakland 3peat? Yes, but we're gonna need Hewitt to continue to get better and reload our running game

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not going to put anything past this team, but we lose Horton, Patterson and James on offense. Gaines, McLaurin, King and others on defense.

Hewitt, Khalil James and most of the OL come back while about half of the starters come back on defense. Could Oakland 3peat? Yes, but we're gonna need Hewitt to continue to get better and reload our running game

Last year when Maryville came to Oakland in the playoffs and got beat so bad towards the end of that game a kid came into the game for Oakland that may have even been a freshman wearing the number 99 as a running back. They mentioned he was an up an coming player but I figured you may recall that and if this kid was still in the program. Pretty sure he scored a touchdown on us at the end of the game.

2 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Last year when Maryville came to Oakland in the playoffs and got beat so bad towards the end of that game a kid came into the game for Oakland that may have even been a freshman wearing the number 99 as a running back. They mentioned he was an up an coming player but I figured you may recall that and if this kid was still in the program. Pretty sure he scored a touchdown on us at the end of the game.

Honestly I don't, but Oakland does have a promising TB that lit it up in freshmen ball. I imagine Khalil James will see snaps all over and Taylor made a big run against MRA so we're not gonna lack for talent. May very well build the offense around Hewitt next year, he's certainly earned the chance to

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Honestly I don't, but Oakland does have a promising TB that lit it up in freshmen ball. I imagine Khalil James will see snaps all over and Taylor made a big run against MRA so we're not gonna lack for talent. May very well build the offense around Hewitt next year, he's certainly earned the chance to

I looked it up and the player had 92 not 99 and he scored a 15 yard touchdown and the Name was Korey Smith but the Kahlil James also scored a 3 yard run before that also.