Oakland - Summit 6A State Championship

Footballfan1223

11 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Korey Smith is 26 now (DL). James will figure prominently into Oakland's plans on offense

IMO Oakland losing the Rb duo along with #7, Maryville losing Carson Jones, Dj Burk and #19 neither team lord willing will be quiet as good next season unless both teams get in some good transfer or both teams have underclassmen that makes a big leap in a year, still it won't matter Oakland and Maryville are so far ahead of the rest nothing is stopping this 4th round collision.

Congrats to your Oakland Patriots I really enjoyed listening and watching the several games they put on TV. This team can now officially join the debate as one of the best 

4 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

IMO Oakland losing the Rb duo along with #7, Maryville losing Carson Jones, Dj Burk and #19 neither team lord willing will be quiet as good next season unless both teams get in some good transfer or both teams have underclassmen that makes a big leap in a year, still it won't matter Oakland and Maryville are so far ahead of the rest nothing is stopping this 4th round collision.

Congrats to your Oakland Patriots I really enjoyed listening and watching the several games they put on TV. This team can now officially join the debate as one of the best 

True, but Oakland will continue to produce great tailbacks much like Maryville will continue to produce great Quarterbacks. Maryville will be able to lean their own duo of good backs next year while breaking in a new QB.

I don't anticipate a major challenge within Oakland's region unless Blackman makes a big leap on defense. Riverdale graduates alot of contributors. Outside of our region, I do anticipate Lebanon being a handful in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

I knew Oakland would run the ball up and down the field on Summit. One of Buck's recruits James, is the best back in RC at least since Ralph King. The other recruit Horton is a baller too. It will interesting to see the new recruits for Oakland in this next cycle. Their roster is never as it appears. I can think of additions like the Olivers from La Vergne, Joseph Anderson from siegel, Kody Sparks, recently the Hewitts from the 'Dale and one everyone is forgetting is Riggs from Christiana the best middle school lineman in RC a couple years ago. I always thought that Christiana kids went to Riverdale or Rockvale. Creasy is a good coach, but it's always easier when you have the best players in your county and other places that miraculously just show up.

• Upvote 1

On 12/3/2021 at 3:45 PM, Red Rebels said:

Seriously, are you 12? I like playing Oakland. I love the challenge and the rivalry, which is dead even. Which team did you play for that got beaten by a Maryville team in the past? You're not an Oakland fan. As for butt kicking, I was there. Physicality wise, it was pretty even. I hate how they sucker us up with that Wing-T and then throw one or two deep. It reminds me of wishbone teams throwing it twice a game, usually for TD's. I don't know why I'm having a conversation with you though. You're 12. 

Yep....just sitting here watching the replay of the game (which I attended) eating popcorn ! Last time I looked the Wing-T was a legal formation and works quite well ! I don’t know why I am having this conversation with YOU, I’ve got a game to watch ! #12 over and out

Congratulations to Oakland. I admit, I thought Summit might win this game. Just felt they had enough to get it done, but the Oakland defense really showed up when they needed stops. Offense rolled all night. Very impressive showing by both teams, but Oakland was definitely the better of the two. Coach Creasy does a heck of a job, while seeming quite humble about it all. I definitely admire that. 

18 minutes ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Congratulations to Oakland. I admit, I thought Summit might win this game. Just felt they had enough to get it done, but the Oakland defense really showed up when they needed stops. Offense rolled all night. Very impressive showing by both teams, but Oakland was definitely the better of the two. Coach Creasy does a heck of a job, while seeming quite humble about it all. I definitely admire that. 

It takes a special talent that can evade Oakland's defense like that. Idk if Wade has a future at QB, but fully expect him and his brother to have a good careers at the next level and God willing, the NFL

Pierce is gonna make some program really happy. Will be interesting to see if Summit can continue this momentum and stay a player at the 6A level

Edited by MidTennFootball

17 hours ago, TinPigskin said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all.  Everyone says that Oakland beat the 2 best private schools in the state this season, but IMO, McCallie is the best

McCallie dominates in a scrimmage>>>>>.lol!!! Come on gentlemen, are we really putting in stock in a scrimmage?  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 9:12 PM, Blaze45 said:

I guess the one thing they wont call themselves is State Champions.... Looks like that alligator attitude overloaded that canary behind.... 

LOL. You keep acting like this was an attempt at saying Summit would win that game. My comment was referring to your "whatever they want to call themselves this week" remark. They both ran wild on Blackman, so you making that statement in your post was a unjustified. So based on the result of the game, you're right, they can't call themselves State Champions - however, they can call themselves back-to-back-to-back BCB participants and 6A runner-up. I'm sure anyone at Summit would gladly take that title over the "non-playoff participant" title that Blackman currently holds.  

1 hour ago, TightRip58BlackO said:

LOL. You keep acting like this was an attempt at saying Summit would win that game. My comment was referring to your "whatever they want to call themselves this week" remark. They both ran wild on Blackman, so you making that statement in your post was a unjustified. So based on the result of the game, you're right, they can't call themselves State Champions - however, they can call themselves back-to-back-to-back BCB participants and 6A runner-up. I'm sure anyone at Summit would gladly take that title over the "non-playoff participant" title that Blackman currently holds.  

See that's where you are wrong. I never said what the twins wanted to call themselves anything. That statement was clearly made about whatever the newspapers, sportswriters  or journalist decided was nickname they wanted to give them on any given week.  I didn't say you implied they would win either, but you decided to run off at the mouth and trash talk a team that is struggling and team that is clearly rebuilding. I did neither of your beloved Spartans.  It will be interesting to see if your team has reloaded and if my team has repaired come next season.