2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

I've only seen Tullahoma in person but if both teams play a clean game, I think this one is going to come down to the wire. Both teams are well coached and play a physical brand of football. Not sure who has the overall talent advantage. Maybe the Wildcats but it is very close. How many seniors play significant snaps for the Cyclones? I felt like Haywood vs Tullahoma was a repeat of the state game last year. Haywood had more talent, but Tullahoma was the better team hands down. #7 for Betsy last year was an absolute man and I enjoyed watching him play. I think it will be the best game hands down. 

3 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

I've only seen Tullahoma in person but if both teams play a clean game, I think this one is going to come down to the wire. Both teams are well coached and play a physical brand of football. Not sure who has the overall talent advantage. Maybe the Wildcats but it is very close. How many seniors play significant snaps for the Cyclones? I felt like Haywood vs Tullahoma was a repeat of the state game last year. Haywood had more talent, but Tullahoma was the better team hands down. #7 for Betsy last year was an absolute man and I enjoyed watching him play. I think it will be the best game hands down. 

I agree. This should be the best game in Chatt next week

Parker Hughes was a man among boys for sure but he graduated but we still have the MVP from last year Jake Roberts.This should be a great game.

4 or 5 seniors on offense and 5 or 6 seniors on defense, but the defense definitely being the strength of the team. And that’s not to take away anything from the underclassman, this team Is stacked with talent from top to bottom. I believe the Junior varsity team only lost 1 game to 6A team and the middle school team coming in next year were undefeated and outscored their opponent 400 to 36 so the future looks bright for the Cyclones.

9 minutes ago, Betsyorangefan said:

4 or 5 seniors on offense and 5 or 6 seniors on defense, but the defense definitely being the strength of the team. And that’s not to take away anything from the underclassman, this team Is stacked with talent from top to bottom. I believe the Junior varsity team only lost 1 game to 6A team and the middle school team coming in next year were undefeated and outscored their opponent 400 to 36 so the future looks bright for the Cyclones.

That middle school team was scary good and this program continues to get better and it’s in good hands with these coaches at Betsy.

Any suggestion that Tullahoma is the favorite Saturday is nonsense. A 2X defending state champ has to be the favorite regardless of who they are playing.

On the other hand, I'll take the underdog Wildcats this week. This game will likely go down to the wire. Tullahoma has proven in the past two weeks that they can dominate the last few minutes. I don't know that they can dominate 'Betsy, but I think they can close it out at the end.

Turnovers and costly penalties will be the difference. The winner will need strong QB play. Time of possession and ball control will not be relevant statistics. Tullahoma plays very fast and scores big plays from all over the field. Special teams for the Wildcats are outstanding, with PK/P Justus Chadwick a Mr. Football finalist. 

QB comparison:

Ryan Scott (T) 124-171 for 1,958 yds and 14 TD with 4 INT
Bryson Rollins (E) 109-183 for1,645 yds and 22 TD with 6 INT.

Running Game:
Rollins/Russell (E) 388 carries for 2,388 yds and 32 TD
Cummings/Sheffield/Scott (T) 277 carries for 2,026 yds and 35 TD

Kickoffs:
Chadwick (T) 60-62 PAT, longest FG 49 yds
Smithdeal (E) 54-60 PAT, longest FG 26 yds

Just some examples of how these two teams compare in statistical categories. Looks like a pretty even game on paper.

Can't wait for Saturday.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Any suggestion that Tullahoma is the favorite Saturday is nonsense. A 2X defending state champ has to be the favorite regardless of who they are playing.

On the other hand, I'll take the underdog Wildcats this week. This game will likely go down to the wire. Tullahoma has proven in the past two weeks that they can dominate the last few minutes. I don't know that they can dominate 'Betsy, but I think they can close it out at the end.

Turnovers and costly penalties will be the difference. The winner will need strong QB play. Time of possession and ball control will not be relevant statistics. Tullahoma plays very fast and scores big plays from all over the field. Special teams for the Wildcats are outstanding, with PK/P Justus Chadwick a Mr. Football finalist. 

QB comparison:

Ryan Scott (T) 124-171 for 1,958 yds and 14 TD with 4 INT
Bryson Rollins (E) 109-183 for1,645 yds and 22 TD with 6 INT.

Running Game:
Rollins/Russell (E) 388 carries for 2,388 yds and 32 TD
Cummings/Sheffield/Scott (T) 277 carries for 2,026 yds and 35 TD

Kickoffs:
Chadwick (T) 60-62 PAT, longest FG 49 yds
Smithdeal (E) 54-60 PAT, longest FG 26 yds

Just some examples of how these two teams compare in statistical categories. Looks like a pretty even game on paper.

Can't wait for Saturday.

Not trying to discredit you but if Tullahoma scores “big” from all over the field then how in the world will ball control and time of possession not be a factor????  I’d say you could ask the Greene team and they’d tell you the opposite and I promise ya they score faster than Tullahoma ever thought about.

sorry I stand corrected...  you were talking about statistics. My apologies.

I do think ball control will be a factor in this game though.

Edited by BetsyCyclones16
I didn’t read fully, my bad

Elizabethton defense is giving up 10.9 points per game though 14 games while their offense is scoring 33.7 points per game.  T Town defense is giving up 9.3 points per game through 14 games and their offense is scoring 38.1 points per game.  I'm gonna go against my gut and say Tullahoma pulls out a very tight win.  Either way I think its a 3 point difference at the most.

28 minutes ago, bugaboo said:

Elizabethton defense is giving up 10.9 points per game though 14 games while their offense is scoring 33.7 points per game.  T Town defense is giving up 9.3 points per game through 14 games and their offense is scoring 38.1 points per game.  I'm gonna go against my gut and say Tullahoma pulls out a very tight win.  Either way I think its a 3 point difference at the most.

The issue with these statistics are that it’s based on your opponents out on the west side which no disrespect but has been known to be the weak side of the state when it comes to 4A football. Statistics are only relevant really if we had some common opponents. But I like everyone thinking we are the underdog. This bunch of young men from Elizabethton are a special group, probably will never be another group like them again and we sure hope they can complete this dynasty 

9 minutes ago, Betsyorangefan said:

The issue with these statistics are that it’s based on your opponents out on the west side which no disrespect but has been known to be the weak side of the state when it comes to 4A football. Statistics are only relevant really if we had some common opponents. But I like everyone thinking we are the underdog. This bunch of young men from Elizabethton are a special group, probably will never be another group like them again and we sure hope they can complete this dynasty 

Elizabethton played 5 region champions in their respective classes. 6a,5a (2), and 4a (2).  We won all of them except Greeneville which we got em back round 3.  No disrespect at all but these stats do not tell the whole story.  This defense is nasty and the offense is efficient.  Tully will know what we are going to run at them,  the question is will they stop it?