2021-4A Championship Game Tullahoma vs Elizabethton

TTownFan50

7 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Will the center be back for Tullahoma? I seen he went down early and never returned. To be honest, it didn't look like Tullahoma slowed down at all, in fact, the longer the game went on it looked like the stronger they got. If Betsy is able to just line up and run it right over the top of Tullahoma I will be very impressed. 

I haven’t heard how bad the injury is….I watched part of the Elizabethton and Greeneville playoff game and both teams looked really good!  It was hard to tell size of players  since it was only field level…

I believe it will come down to turnovers and penalties.

4 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

What does everyone think? Do you see experience and fatigue maybe playing  a part? I see a more Wildcats playing both ways. Cyclones really don’t have a lot that do that. That can wear on you in a 4qtr game. And I see this being a tough game. Anyone got anything?

Tullahoma has 22 seniors. Depth is not an issue. 

1 hour ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

Ya know that crazy thing to me is if this was Greeneville playing Tullahoma they would already have the gold ball in the case in Greeneville.  Heck,  they had the gold ball midway through the season.  But it’s not Greeneville.  I like the position the cyclones are in.  This team is battle tested and played a very tough schedule and post season.  I think Tullahoma will be the 2nd best team they’ve played thus far.  That’s no disrespect either.  Saturday will come down to who makes plays when it matters most.  I see a low scoring game and ball control being huge.  These two teams a so much alike it’s crazy.  

I guess I'm one  exception to already having the gold ball before it's earned. I was personally worried after watching the very first game this year and I'll stop there .The bottom line for Elizabethton is they are in the championship game and hopefully will use that hard nose defense to finish the deal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gr8tplay said:

Good analysis but your numbers for The Cyclones is incorrect. EHS has only played 13 games. 9 game regular season. So their stats are..

PF 502   ( 38.6 ppg )

PA 122   (9.4 ppg )

just wanting the numbers to be what they are  so, now it’s more even and even more interesting…..

EHS   38.6 ppg     9.4 ppg

THS   38.1 ppg    9.3 ppg*

* using the already stated stats for Tullahoma

The stats are useless. Tullahoma scored 49 points in the first 10 minutes against Glencliff and put freshmen and sophomore in for 3 quarters and played the second half with 10 minute quarters because it was so over. In fact several games were such blow outs that younger kids played half the game. The wildcats could have scored another 200 points this year if it mattered and not allowed any in a few games. A Win is a Win nobody wanted to just pile on when it's over.  The stats just don't tell the story. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

The stats are useless. Tullahoma scored 49 points in the first 10 minutes against Glencliff and put freshmen and sophomore in for 3 quarters and played the second half with 10 minute quarters because it was so over. In fact several games were such blow outs that younger kids played half the game. The wildcats could have scored another 200 points this year if it mattered and not allowed any in a few games. A Win is a Win nobody wanted to just pile on when it's over.  The stats just don't tell the story. 

And do you not think the majority of Elizabethton’s games weren’t blow outs also? Lol.    Just because we aren’t Greeneville and dnt run the score up dnt mean that we couldn’t. Don’t worry you won’t have to worry about playing your second or 3rd string Saturday. 

51 minutes ago, wornoutwildcat said:

Was last years team all seniors? Did nobody on last year team graduate? We have a lineman that is a National Merit Finalist. We graduate our seniors. This ain't like Dallas where the same guys play year after year.

We reload. This team is stacked with talent from seniors down to the incoming class of freshman which out scored  their opponents 400 to 36.   Betsy is build different